CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
Congrats to Mackenzie, our 3rd quarter Husky Gram Drawing Winner! A night at Hotel Indigo, movie and KidsCommons tickets, and more were all part of the Spring Break themed basket!
Whether you are traveling far or staying close to home, I hope everyone has an opportunity to spend time with family and friends. With no snow days, this has been a long stretch. Other than a short trip to Great Wolf Lodge with Calvin, the Findley family will be staying in Columbus. So if I see you around, please be sure to say hello!
- Spring Break is coming at the right time in regards to illness here at school. Many Kinsa app users have been sharing notes about flu symptoms and high temperatures this week which has been great! One class had six students out due to illness on Wednesday! Over break, our custodial crew will be deep cleaning the building.
- This is my last plea to sign-up for the free Kinsa app. March 16th is the deadline!
- New student artwork is now up in the main office! I've included photos of the artwork below.
- BCSC published the 2017-2018 Calendar.
- School resumes Monday, March 27th, 2017!
Have a great Spring Break!
Mackenzie- 3rd Quarter Husky Gram Drawing Winner!
Husky Gram Winners
Kinsa-248 users already enrolled! Deadline is March 16th!
Why should you participate in this program?
1. You receive a free thermometer that is shipped to your home.
2. It is easy to enroll. The app is free. It took me 3 minutes to download the app, join the CSA group and create profiles of each member of my family. I instantly received an email notifying me that my thermometer was being shipped.
3. By joining the CSA Lincoln group, you will have access to a message board that you can connect with our school nurse and other users. Mrs. Helwig can update the group of health trends in our school (example: 3rd grade is noticing a spike in temperatures this week. Please make sure your students are washing their hands, etc.).
4. You data is anonymous and not shared with others. It also tracks your data so you can track health trends of your family members.
5. You can use the app as little or as much as you want.
How was CSA Lincoln selected?
We are thankful to have such wonderful parents who continue to find ways to improve our school. This opportunity became available because one of our parents learned about the program, applied on our behalf and we were accepted!
Cost if you buy the thermometer at retail: $19.95
Deadline to Enroll: Wednesday, March 16th
We need your help!
Help our school playground win a grant for an extreme makeover! Each year, the Healthy Playground sweepstakes through Together Counts provides the opportunity for you to win big for your school! Anyone in our community can enter daily for a chance to win $30,000 for our school’s healthy transformation and a new playground. Sign up is easy, just choose our school from the list and enter your name and email.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
Anyone can enter on behalf of our school. Enter once a day, every day until March 24, 2017. The more entries your school has, the greater chance it has to win!
Box Tops Winners: Mrs. Cash's Class (1st grade)
Congratulations to Mrs. Cash's class on another big Box Tops contest win! They retain the trophy and celebrated today with a pizza party.
In other Box Tops news, we have only submitted around half of what we submitted in previous years. Due to this decrease we are going to run another Box Tops contest! In true March Madness style, we will be running a 4 week single elimination classroom bracket contest beginning the week we come back from Spring Break! The bracket will be posted on Monday, March 27th.
Upcoming PTO Events:
Save these dates and watch for more information after break!
Cookies & Canvas - April 13, 2017
Star Wars Bowling Night - May 4, 2017
37th Annual Elementary School Fitness Run- May 13th, 2017
The 37th Annual Elementary School Fitness Fun Run will be held at Mill Race Park on Saturday, May 13, 2017 beginning at 10:00 a.m. The run is hosted by the Columbus Running Club and is open to ALL elementary school students in Bartholomew AND surrounding counties.
Flyer about registration can be found here.
• Preschool & Kindergarten – 1⁄4 mile
• 1st & 2nd Grade – 1⁄2 mile
• 3rd & 4th Grade – 1 mile
• 5th & 6th Grade – 1 mile
Please share The Linden Project #celebratecolumbus video on Facebook!
BCSC Pre-K Applications
Our BCSC Pre-K Program is now accepting applications. Children must be 4 years old on or before August 1st, 2017. The application process will remain open, but we will start filling classroom rosters in March. The application can be found on the BCSC homepage. The direct link is, http://www.bcsc.k12.in.us//cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=1050. For more information, please feel free to contact us at 812-376-4569.
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!