GWMS Sunday Message
Week of February 1
- Custodial staff for all of their hard work around the clock getting our building clear of snow.
- Ms. Christy, Mr. Boykin and Ms. Kress for helping with 6th grade lunch on Friday.
- Ms. Mata and Ms. Hein for helping Friday morning.
- Ms. Given, Ms. Schoemer and Ms. Freear for assisting a student with getting new eye glasses and tennis shoes.
- Ms. Lowry, Ms. Goodwin and Ms. Ballering for helping to cover classes on Friday.
- Ms. Goodwin and Ms. McQuaige-Johnson for going above and beyond with one of our students - thank you!
- Ms. Feiler, Ms. Ferruzzi and Ms. Haisfield for helping with 7th grade lunch on Friday.
If you'd like to add your own Kudos the link is here.
Staff Member of the Month
Now it is time for our PBIS vocabulary game….. WORDS WITH FRACULTY
WORDS WITH FRACULTY! This week’s intellectually snobbish, impractical, obsolete, and vacuous word will be stated on the announcements. Students will be challenged to use the word in its proper context per the appropriate content area to gain prexie love in their classes.
THIS WEEKS WORD: Billowing - swelling, fluttering, waving
National School Counseling Week
PBIS - February Pillar is RESPECT Reloaded!
The Prexie Pride Pillar of the Month is Respect Reloaded! This month we will focus on Black History Month and Respect by using the theme, What Are You Fighting For? Each week we will use specific events from African American culture to highlight this theme and challenge reasons why they should demonstrate respect for themselves, for their peers and adults, for example:
- Montgomery Bus Boycott vs. Following directions on the school bus, What Are You Fighting For?
- Greensboro Lunch Counter Sit-in vs. Following directions in the cafeteria, What Are You Fighting For?
- Overall Civil Rights Movement vs. Following simple requests, What Are You Fighting For?
Our goal this month is to help our students understand that they don't need to fight (fight by not putting forth effort, fight following simple requests, fight their peers) because the fighting has already been done for them! We want to take away any excuse they have not to demonstrate respect by asking them the question, "What Are You Fighting For?"
Parent Teacher Conferences
AVID Professional Learning
Wednesday, Feb. 3rd, 3:30-5pm
1005 Mount Vernon Avenue
20 Recertification Points! Come join the fun.
Repeats each Wednesday until March 2.
Sign Up Link: https://acps.truenorthlogic.com/U/P/Channel/-/ExternalChannel?_ct=Courses&Path=%2Fia%2Fempari%2Flearning%2Fcourse%2FviewCourse%3FcourseId%3D14158
Four different versions of the student survey are provided on Blackboard to reflect developmental differences. Teachers of grades K–8 administer the survey to the entire class. In situations in which students change classes, teachers should administer surveys to at least two classes. Teachers may revise the surveys at their discretion and may ask another teacher or staff member to administer the survey.
The teacher retains sole access to the results of the student surveys, with a summary of the survey data provided in the Documentation Log through Talent Ed. You can not see the reflection summary until it is submitted. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your evaluator.
Mail Chimp has proven to be a great way to keep our GW families in the loop with all of the fantastic things that go on at GWMS. Thank you to everyone for your contributions…..KEEP THEM COMING! You are doing great work with our students and the parental feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Continue to send your pictures and short write-ups to Ms. Barnes - email@example.com - to share all the wonderful things going on in your classrooms.
HALLWAY SUPPORT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please stand in the middle of the hallways and actively monitor and support students on their way to class. We need to perform as a unified team in this respect. The power of the many is what makes transitions smooth and orderly. Simply put, we cannot do this alone.
Professional Learning - Conference Scheduling
- 3rd (6th Grade)
- 5th (electives)
- 7th Period (8th Grade)
Leadership Team Meeting - MPR 3:30pm
Superintendent Chat 8:30am Library
VGLA Team Monitoring 2pm - 4pm
Saturday School - 9:00am - 12:00pm