November 4, 2019
Help Needed - Veterans Day
PTA Spirit Wear Sales are Here
From the Health Office
Packing a healthy lunch helps your child be at their best for the school day. Some healthy eating tips are in the links below. When students are regularly offered fruits and vegetables, they learn to like them. When parents set the expectation of eating healthy at a young age, those habits will follow their children for a lifetime.Better Nutrition Every Day
School Improvement Goal: Math
Some teachers have been using the Would You Rather? Math to prompt some real world math thinking and problem solving.
STEM Expo is Approaching
November 6 - Picture Re-take Day
November 7 - Shift Day - Friday Schedule
November 7 - End of first trimester
November 8 - NO SCHOOL - Teacher Work Day
November 8 - STEM Expo 5:30pm - 9:00pm at Hubble Middle School
November 11 - Veterans Day Assembly 10:15am (Reception for veterans begins at 9:30am)
November 11 - PTA Spirit wear orders due
November 11 - PTA Butterbraid sales begin
November 12 - Collection for Christmas Sharing Organization begins
November 12 - PTA Dine Out at Chick-Fil-A in Wheaton 5:00pm - 8:00pm
November 13 - DuPage Farm Bureau Animal Presentation in 1st grade classes
November 14- 5th grade orchestra demo concert 7:00pm
November 15 - Report card distribution
November 18 - Parenting workshop 7:00pm at WNHS (See info below)
November 20 - PTA Butterbraid orders due
November 25 - 29 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
November 29 - Washington PTA marching in Wheaton Holiday Parade to promote 5K Leprechaun Lap
Cooler Weather is Here!
You can view the Cold Weather Scale on the Washington website under Our School/School Information or by clicking this link: Cold Weather Scale.
December 3 - 5th grade parent meeting for Outdoor Education Trip 7:00pm in LLC
December 4 - Northside 5th grade band demo concert 7:00pm at Franklin Middle School
December 6 - Collection for Christmas Sharing Organization ends
December 10 - Butterbraid pick up
December 16 - All-school Winter Concert 10am and 2pm
December 20 - Mrs. Weisheit's ADK Toy Shop play 1:15pm
December 20 - Morning kindergarten holiday party 10:45am; Holiday Sing-a-Long 2:00pm; Holiday parties 2:30pm
December 23- January 3 - NO SCHOOL - Winter Break
January 6 - SCHOOL RESUMES
Thanks for the Great Knights on the Run Parties, PTA!
A Festive, Fall Book Fair was Enjoyed by All!
Mileage Club is Back!
Please Help Us Keep Our Students Safe
- If your child walks to school, please remind him/her to watch for cars and cross President St. with the crossing guard.
- Be vigilant of children when driving close to the school and drive very slowly in the flow zone and main parking lot.
- Passing a school bus while it's stop sign is out is strictly prohibited.
- Please observe our parking lot and FLOW ZONE procedures, including during BASP pick up and drop off. The driveway by door one is an entrance, not an exit.
- Using a hand-held cell-phone while driving is prohibited.
- We ask that you keep dogs off school property during arrival, school hours, and dismissal.
- Please do not double and triple park in the school parking lot or on Bridle Lane.
- Please observe the No Parking signs along Bridle Lane. The Wheaton Police Dept. acknowledges parents need to drop off and pick up their children from school. They ask that cars refrain from lining up on Bridle Lane until 8:45am and 3:15pm. Cars there prior to those times and cars left unoccupied may be subject to a ticket.
Thank you for partnering with us to keep our children safe.