Week of 5/7/18 - 5/11/18
Letter from Principal Nelson
This week we celebrated a very important piece of your student’s middle school experience: our amazing office staff! We are fortunate to have a customer service oriented group of professionals who will do whatever it takes to make sure you and your student have a fantastic day. They work hard for you, our kiddos, the teachers, and other support personnel throughout the district. The business of a school entails more than teachers and books; it also requires an organized group of pros that make sure all people, programs, and systems are in place to elicit student success. Next time you pay a visit to the office and you are greeted by one of spectacular team members be sure to thank them for working so hard for each and every one of us.
Drop off and Pick up: We are making great strides here on campus in regards to the morning and afternoon routines, but there are still a few things we can improve upon to help ensure student safety. Here’s some helpful hits:
- Drive as slow as possible (to the point you could qualify for a parking ticket) and keep your eyes on the lookout for stray middle schoolers.
- When dropping off or picking up, please pull as far forward as possible. Also, train your student to meet you at the end of the queue.
- Please do not block the crosswalk. We want our kids to only use the crosswalk when crossing the street, so we need to make it as pleasant and easy as possible for them.
- Make sure your student exits the vehicle on the curbside. Muy importante! Our front area is large enough for 2 lanes, but there is an imaginary 3rd lane we use to move traffic along so we can’t have any kids exiting their vehicles smack dab in the middle of it.
- Talk to your kids about being alert at all times and that walking while their heads are down looking at their phones is never a good idea. We make announcements and try to remind them as much as possible, but keep in mind they are middle school kids and their faces are magnetically attracted to their screens.
Thank you in advance for being safe and for keeping our kids safe as well. More than half of our students depend on walking home or being picked up each day so it is imperative we allow them to do so in as safe as manner as possible.
Have a great weekend!
Small Middle School
ATHLETICS AWARD CEREMONY
SAVE THE DATE:
MAY 8 6:00-7:30 IN THE GYM
ATHLETICS AWARD CEREMONY
All athletes who completed a sport will be recognized with medals and trophies.
Sunday Best dress is required.
Splash Fest Summary
Here is a summary of everything you need to know about the Splash Fest - May 18th 3:40 - 7:00 PM
Learn why we do this event and where the money goes
See what fun and awesome things we have planned
Volunteer - Volunteer Sign-up Coming soon
Volunteer to help plan, or just for the day, help us pull off this event
Click here to learn about what we need help with
How will this work and what can you look forward to bidding on.
If you buy online May 5th - May 16th you can get $5 Discount - Learn more
We need lots of help underwriting this event. The less we spend, the higher the profit, the more money for the school. Learn how to be a sponsor!
Download posters to put on social media - Check back often as more will be added
Austin High Water Polo
Did you know that Austin High has 2 water polo teams – boys and girls? No experience required, just an ability to swim! There are even opportunities to play over the summer. For more information, email email@example.com
AHS Swim Team Tryouts
Click here for information for our Cougar Camp for incoming 6th graders. Set for June 4th - 7th.
It is that time again!
Registration for school year 2018-19 is now open! Please visit your Parent Cloud click on the REGISTRATION tile and complete the registration for all current AISD students. Please visit my webpage for further instructions.
2017-2018 Yearbooks On Sale Now!
You can order your yearbook online anytime. Click here