The Buzz at Leeds
September 26, 2022
Message from Principal Wenz
From September 15th through October 15th, we are recognizing Hispanic Heritage month. Our Equity and Inclusion Committee has purchased flags to hang at various times of the year. Two students assisted in hanging our Hispanic Heritage flag. Happy New Year to all who celebrate Rosh Hashanah!
Now that school is off and running here are some helpful suggestions:
- Label everything especially water bottles. Our lost and found items are starting to form a large pile.
- Put your child's first and last name on notes to teachers and the school. We have many students with the same first name.
- Please let your child know if you are putting a snack and not a lunch in their lunch box. We have had some confusion at lunch time and students are eating only a snack for lunch.
- Call the school if your child is going to be absent for the day.
- Try to get your child to school before 8:00. This morning we had a huge line of cars at 8:00. Students are supposed to be in school by 8:00 or they are considered tardy.
Chris Wenz, Principal
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 890 9908 5036
Welcome: Favorite thing about fall?
Approve June Meeting Minutes
Events and Activities
i) Welcome to the Hive
i) T-Shirt Design Contest
i) Meadow Farms and Florida Grove Fundraisers-October 17-November 5
ii) Trunk or Treat- Oct 29, 2022
iii) PTO Gives-November
i) Collection for Puerto Rico
ii) True You
Upcoming PTO General Meetings
Oct 18, 2022, Nov 15, 2022, Jan 17, 2023, Feb 16, 2023, Mar 21, 2023, May 16, 2023, June 13, 2023
Volunteers Needed at Leeds!
All volunteers will needs to go through Volunteer in Northampton Schools (VINS). We are asking that if you would like to volunteer, you submit your paperwork to Candy.
- Please contact Candy Tauscher.
- Phone: 413 552-9447
- If you completed the application last year, you should be all set. Just check in with Sandy Bombard.
- You will need to complete the application form, provide a copy of your current vaccination status and complete a CORI check. Here is a link to the forms. Even if you have been a past volunteer, you cannot volunteer without Candy receiving a copy of your vaccination status. You may NOT provide it to the school, it needs to go directly to Candy. If you have not had a CORI check done before or if it is more than 3 years old, you will need to complete that paperwork. Also, she goes over protocols that must be adhered to. If you contact Candy, she will be able to assist you.
Jean Monska, Co-President
Meghan Steed, Co-President
Jenna Recuber, Vice-President
Mary Penney, Treasurer
Nedra Shield, Co-Secretary
Rebecca Hamlin, Co-Secretary
Our PTO members will be looking for volunteers next year for many fundraisers and events. Stand by for the calendar of events.
Calendar of Events
9/27 Leeds PTO Meeting @6:30
10/3 Celebrate our Custodians
10/10 No School - Indigenous Peoples' Day
10/11 Leeds School Council Meeting @6:15
10/13 Picture Day
10/18 Leeds PTO Meeting @6:30
10/19 Early Release Day - K-5 dismissal at 11:30 / No Session 2 for Preschool
10/24-10/28 Early Release Days - Caregiver/Teacher Conferences by Appointment
11/8 - No School - Professional Development - Don't forget to vote!
11/8 - Leeds School Council @6:15
11/11 - No School - Veterans' Day
11/15 - Leeds PTO Meeting @6:30
11/16 Picture Retake Day
11/23 Early Release Day - K-5 at 11:30 / No session 2 for Preschool
11/24-11/25 Thanksgiving Break
12/6 - Leeds School Council Meeting @6:30
12/7 - Early Release Day - K-5 at 11:30 / No session 2 for Preschool
12/23 through 1/2/2023 No School - Holiday Break
1/3/2023 School resumes
Click here for the most up to date District calendar.
Gabrielle Hollender, Early Bird/Late Bird Afterschool Coordinator
Chris Wenz, Principal