'Twas the Night Before the 1st Day
‘Twas the night before the first day of school, and all through the halls,
the teachers were scurrying and decorating their walls.
They had outlets and wifi hot spots in the air
In hopes that students with tablets soon would be there.
The students were all home with their zippered binders at the ready,
with visions of themselves carrying their tablets quite steady.
They packed a pair of headphones to fit snuggly in their ears
They had well-rested brains for the upcoming school year.
Parents were rejoicing in the return of calm to their homes
while some were very sad to say goodbye to their little gnomes.
Students packed up their lunches for the start of a full day
Others wondered just what their teachers would say.
"Now take out your tablet, log in to your student account."
"Make the most of your free time, make every minute count."
"Write down all that I say, it will be on the test."
"This is going to be the best-ever school year yet!"
Still questions did linger, some doubt still ensued,
Some still weren’t quite certain of what they should do,
So what follows below, for veterans and rookies,
A checklist of tasks, like 'clearing your cookies'!
Complete all of the tasks that apply to your grade.
They're really not hard, so don't be afraid.
Then lay down your heads, you fine Aquin students,
And be ready to learn, and make decisions with prudence.
The new day will dawn as you awake with delight,‘Happy school year to all, and to all a good night!’
Checklist for Tonight!
► Pack earbuds (leave your Beats and any other headphones AT HOME)
► 4th-12th Grade: Charge Tech Device--Tablet or Laptop
► 4th-12th Grade: Default Tech Device to Aquin student email address
► 4th-12th Grade: Clear your Cookies and remove any other unnecessary items on your device that could distract you from learning
► Search the Aquin website for any other questions you may have
► Say your prayers for the most awesome school year ever!
Checklist for 7th-12th Grade Tomorrow!
- Arrive at school by 7:40am.
- Report to the Gymnasium at 7:45am
- Be studious in the 1st assembly of the year.
- Listen for your name to be dismissed to 1st period with your 1st period teacher.
- Receive your printed class schedule from your 1st period teacher.
- Access each wifi hotspot in every classroom you visit. Ask teacher if you don't know the password.
- DO NOT use 'Aquin Guest' account for your wireless access.
- Keep your phone in your locker--ALL DAY--even during lunch.
- Click here to review the new cellphone policy.
- Have a great day and be dismissed at 3:04pm.
- Golf and Cross Country Team--Be ready for photoshoot immediately after school!
First Day Homework--Join 'ClassTag'!
- All parents should accept all the 'ClassTag' classes they've received.
- All 7-12th grade students should accept all the 'ClassTag' invites they've received.
- If you want to receive text messages from ClassTag, add your phone number to your account.
- If you want to receive app notifications from ClassTag, install the app on your device and log-in.
- If you don't know what ClassTag is, click here to read all about it
Questions? Email email@example.com!