Information About El Salvador
Written by: Loic Markus
- The capital of El Salvador is San Salvador.
- El Salvador has other major cities/high populated cities with awesome open markets which are Soyapango, Santa Ana, San Miguel, and Mejicanos.
- El Salvador used to be controlled by Spain.
- In 1821, El Salvador gained its independence and is still its own country.
- The official language of El Salvador is Spanish.
- The Mayans an ancient civilization used to live where El Salvador is located.
- It was the Spanish who founded El Salvador.
- The flag of El Salvador is on the right.
Flag of El Salvador
- Has blue and white stripes going in a horizontal direction.
- Pyramid like figure in the middle of the flag.
- Surrounded by the words Republica De El Salvador En La America Central
- All the colors in total are blue, white, yellow, green, red.
- The general location of El Salvador is Central America.
- It borders the North Pacific Ocean and is between the countries of Guatemala and Honduras.
- Physical features of El Salvador include mountains, narrow coastal belt, central plateaus, and volcanoes.
- Natural resources located in El Salvador are hydrogen power, geothermal power, petroleum, arable land.
- El Salvador has a government which is called a presidential representative democratic republic.
- The current president of El Salvador is Sanchez Ceren.
- Petroleum is a good resource for making money and trade deals.
The current currency of El Salvador is the U.S dollar bill. The economic system of El Salvador is Capitalism.
- El Salvador is a country which gained independence from Spain in a 12 year civil war.
- El Salvador has beautiful landscape and is one of the smallest countries in Central America so tourists can cover lots of the country in a short amount of time.
- Tourists could go see volcanoes, lakes, beautiful nature, beautiful green forests, waterfalls, churches, culture, and beaches.
- Tourists could go surfing, explore markets, learn history of the ancient civilizations and see the ruins, zip lining, and fishing.
- However, as a warning, there is a lot of poverty in some areas of El Salvador and you risk getting stuff stolen.