Sophia Pesaturo Period F Cultural Geography
Six Word Claim~ Climate impacts cultures around the world.
In my own words, I think globalization is the way that people live, how people live, where people live and why people are around today.
The scientific definition is a process of interaction and integration among the people, companies, and governments of different nations, a process driven by international trade and investment and aided by information technology.
What are examples of how Geography impacts where, how, and why people live where they do?
What will our future be and how will everyone's daily life patterns change in 15 years?
Daily life patterns will change in the next 15 years hugely very soon with all of our new technology and cultural things. That is just two things of one huge thing. Like I said, everything will become much easier because people will build better machinery that will do jobs humans once had to do.
Where do they come from?
How do I get my product from place to place?
What natural resources were used to make the final product I have?
- Rubber to make the sole
- Adhesive to connect fabric and rubber
- Fabric to make up most of the shoe
- Oil for shoe lace and tag
- Dye to color the shoe
- Ink for lettering
- Metal for the steel grommets
- Cardboard box for packaging
Is there problems created by my product?
Yes of course there are!
- In the environment taking natural resources to make the shoes is taking away from the environment.
- Technology on the other hand helps my product, it helps think of new ways to make the shoes which could really help but it also makes it so no one can come up with their own ideas because chances are that they are already on the internet.
- The cultural part of it is spread around the whole world, everyone wears converse these days but then that makes it so no one can be unique.
- The economics of it is that to many people know what they are all around the world, economics is how I am writing this paper for you by using technology!
A solution to helping the environment is to take away natural resources that we could use for more important things, and use our technology to think of better ways of making the shoes people know and love!
Pros&Cons of Globalization and how globalization relates to me?
- Productivity grows more quickly
- Global competition and cheap imports keep a close on prices
- Export jobs often pay more than other jobs
- A lot of people have lost their jobs due to big imports and bigger and better machinery
- Workers face decrease in their pay once more people come and work for that company
- People fear losing their jobs constantly
Relation to Me?
Globalization has changed the world into what it is today. For me, it has given us a big variety of products and they are cheaper than they have been which saves us money. Also, my cell phone, that is a huge part of my life. I use it for everything and without how globalization has changed we would not have the privilege of them.