Here's what's happening at Life School Carrollton! #CHIRP
Update From Mrs. Villavaso for the Week of June 1st!
Campus Plan for 2020-2021
I am excited to announce a parent, community, and staff engagement opportunity for LSC. As we begin planning for the 2020-2021 school year, I would like to invite you to our first Campus Improvement Team (School Support Team) meeting via Zoom on Wednesday, June 3 at 11:30 am. To log into the Zoom meeting, click the link or go to zoom.com, select join meeting, and then enter Meeting ID: 926 1555 6069 Password: 9mfniC.
The meeting should last approximately 45 mins. During our first Campus Improvement meeting, we will review campus data and evaluate the proposed Campus Improvement Plan for 2020-2021, Parent Compact Agreement, and 2020-2021 Parent Engagement Policy.
In subsequent meetings held throughout the school year, we will discuss and request feedback regarding the areas of strengths and areas of improvement for our campus, identify campus needs and develop a Campus Improvement Plan for the next academic year. Meetings will be held once in the Fall semester and once in the Spring semester.
Agenda for Wednesday, June 3, 2020:
- Review Parent Compact
- Review Parent Engagement Policy
- Review the 2020-2021 Campus Improvement Plan
- Closing Remarks
How to Prepare for the Meetings?
Relevant paperwork is attached to this email for you to review before the meeting so you can refer to specific resources when you are sharing your feedback.
If you would like to contribute to our Campus Improvement and Campus Needs Assessment meetings on Wednesday, June 3 please complete the Intent to Attend Survey. We need at least one parent, one community partner representative, one staff, and the Principal. Upon completion of this meeting I will submit all approved documentation to the State so that our campus can receive additional funding to support the academic experiences our students receive.
Thank you in advance for your support!
2020-2021 School Supplies
Life School is a school of choice that requires students to wear uniforms. Student uniforms make a statement that students belong to a unique school environment with a strong commitment to educational excellence. The uniqueness of the student does not rest in the apparel they wear, but in the inner qualities and gifts of the student.
Uniforms must have the Life School crest.
- Grades K-12- White oxford shirt (button-down collar)
- Grades K-6- Red or navy polo shirt, (long or short sleeved)
- Grades K-12 - Navy cardigan, “V” neck sweater or sweatshirt (uniform shirts must be worn underneath)
- Only school uniform jackets are allowed to be worn in the building. Non-school jackets may be worn at the discretion of administration and outdoors.
- Grades K-12 – may be worn Monday – Friday (uniform shirts must be worn underneath)
- Grades K-6 - Navy pants or walking shorts (no more than 2 inches above the knee)
- The following examples are unacceptable: cargo pants, cargo shorts, jogger pants and denim wear.
- All pants or shorts must be worn with a belt
Skirts/Jumpers/Modesty Skirts* (no more than 2 inches above the knee)
- Grades K-3 - Plaid jumper (no skirts)
- Grades K-3 - Navy modesty skirts
- Grades 4-6 - Plaid or navy modesty skirt
Girls should wear navy modesty shorts under jumpers and skirts
Accessories (Grades K-12)
- Required for 5th-12th grades only and must be worn at the natural waist.
- Must be solid colors.
- Girls may wear 1 earring per ear.
- Earrings may be either stud-style or hoop (smaller than a quarter).
- Hoop (larger than a quarter) or dangling earrings are not allowed.
- Boys are not permitted to wear earrings.
- Piercings anywhere else on the body except girls’ ears are not allowed Necklaces and bracelets must be thin and conservative and must coordinate with the uniform.
- Flashy, large jewelry will not be permitted.
- Multiple necklaces or bracelets will not be allowed.
Shoes (Grades K-12)
Appropriate shoes, with non-marking soles, must be worn at all times (can be athletic, loafer style, or dress shoes). The following examples are unacceptable: house shoes, sandals, flip- flops, wheeled shoes, light up shoes, open-toed shoes, or shoes with more than 1" heels. Shoes must have both closed toe and closed heel.
OPTIONAL FRIDAY UNIFORM (GRADES K-12)
Life School t-shirts and sweatshirts may be worn with uniform pants, shorts or skirts. Life School sponsored t-shirts, sweatshirts, spirit wear, college shirts or college jackets may be worn at the discretion of administration.
In order to minimize loss and simplify identification, all clothing should be labeled.