Mrs. Betancourt's Classroom
I am Andreina Betancourt I am your child's third grade teacher. This is my second year teaching third grade. I am really good at teaching math to my students because I take my time making sure each child as grasp the concept. i plan this year is trying to get to know my students better and putting their interest into the curriculum that way they want to learn the material more.
Social Studies Project
Next week on March 26, 2015 the students have a project due that they need to pick a significant person from the American Revolution. The students will need to dress the part of the person the choose and read five facts about the person in front of the class. This project will close out our six weeks on the American Revolution.
Houston Zoo Field Trip
- On April 6, 2015 we will be going on a field trip to the Houston Zoo.
- At the Zoo the students will have a sheet with all the different animals at the Zoo.
- The students will write down about the animals environment, life cycles, where do they come from, and what the animal likes to eat.
- The students will need to bring a lunch with them we will not be back in time for lunch at the school.
- Students need to dress comfortably preferably with tennis shoes.
The best way to reach me is through email I will be able to reply to those a lot faster than a phone call. If you have any question about your child's grades, if they are going to missing class and you would like their classwork, or if you would like to volunteer in the classroom. I am here to help my students so if there is a problem just send me an email or call.
Highlights of the month
In the month of February the students got ten green passes from the cafeteria because they behaved very well while eating their lunch. Since the students got ten green passes next month on Friday March 20, 2015 they get to eat ice cream in the classroom with the principal Mrs. Jones.
Classroom Rules for Tiger Town
- We work as a team.
- Students raise their hands to speak.
- We treat others the way we want to be treated.
- We will be kind and helpful.
- We will be respectful.
- We will work and play safely.
- We will always do our best