Cool Cat News
September 28-October 2
Balanced Literacy K-2 -
- K-2 teachers need to turn in their Balanced Literacy Schedule to me by 9/28
- Guided reading lesson plans entered in Eduphoria
- DRA/Guided reading data needs to be in data binders
- Teachers designate on back of Balanced Literacy Schedule the area they wish to improve.
- All DRA data needs to be entered by 10/2.
- Review DRA correlation chart
Writing- September 28 - October 2 all K-4th grade students need to produce a writing sample. We will look at writing in PLC's on October 8. These writing samples will also be used as TELPAS writing samples. We will score ELL students first.
Wylie ISD Five Day POWER Challenge- To promote Energy Awareness Month, Wylie ISD is holding an Energy Awareness Competition September 28-October 21. The school that has the highest participation and energy savings will receive a trophy and will be publicly recognized for their accomplishment.
- 9/28- Wear Green Day- All faculty and students are encouraged to wear green. Staff may wear green Hartman shirt with jeans to raise awareness for energy conservation.
- 9/29- Turn up the Heat-Room temps will be increased 1%.
- 9/30 Green Lunch Day- Cold lunch options
- 10/1- Lights Out Day- Use natural light if possible
- 10/2- How much can you save? Find new and inventive ways to save energy.
Parent Conferences- Week of October 12 - Remember to start with student strengths, share data and best practices with your parents. Sandwiches will be provided on Tuesday and Thursday for teachers staying late. Please make plans to stay either Tuesday or Thursday until 6:00 pm.
Teacher planning- When planning with your team, continue to use IFD's and clarification guides. Lesson plans need to be entered by Sunday at 10:00 pm. K-2 guided reading plans need to be entered as well.
Grants- Grants are due on October 19. One grant from each grade level is the expectation, but I would love to have as many grants as possible for our Cool Cats.
Attendance- Continue to call parents when students have missed more than 3 days.
9/28- - Staff and students wear green. Staff may wear green Hartman shirt with jeans. McDonalds Spirit Night 5-8pm (CAMP team)
10/2- Jeans passes need to be turned in to wear jeans on Fridays. Cool Cat shirts are to be worn with jeans.