Old McDonald Had A Farm
September 21-24, 2015
- The color blue.
- Farm animals using puppets, plastic animals, books and pictures. We practiced sounds and the names of the different animals.
- The Little Boy Blue and Ole Mc Donald poems and songs were told and heard with various technological media, and with our voices.
During table time, we also:
- Practiced hand shaking when using our Good Morning songs.
- Practiced, on command, placing our blue monkeys IN and then taking them OUT of the barrel one by one.
- Continued to incorporate counting as well as the words UP and DOWN when being seated and taken out of the table chairs and onto and off the changing table (our kiddos are beginning to try saying the prompts).
- Sang our meal prayer and folded our hands before all snacks and lunch. ( Yes, they fold their hands now!)
Please pack your little one a sweater or light jacket for our Autumn Walks, it's getting chilly out there!
*At the bottom of the page you will find Ms. Ashley's bio. Enjoy!
See you next week. :)
Ms. Monica, Ms. Ashley & Ms. Talitha
We can't get enough of Elijha! But, he is still thirsty and hungry today. God will save the day again!
I might need two hands, but I squeezed the tweezer.
I will try the scooping method.
Mrs. Ashley McNamara
I graduated from Kennesaw State University with a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and Psychology. After graduation, I worked at a learning center where I tutored pre-k through high school students and later became the Assistant Director. During my time there, I felt led to apply to North Point/Buckhead Church, and I was in awe of God's faithfulness when I received a call to work in Weekday.
My husband, Richard, and I have been married for six years. We don't have children yet, but we are excited about starting a family in the future.
Season: Fall and Spring - There's just something about the first cool temperatures after a hot summer and the warmth of the sunshine after a cold winter.
Vacation Spot: I would love to go on a cruise ship in the Caribbean.
Activities: Spending time with friends and family, ballroom dancing, listening to music, hiking, reading, writing.
Sweet Treat: Ice cream
Coffee, tea, both, or neither: both
Starbucks Drink: Caramel light frappuccino
Time in weekday: 7 months, but I've only been in the toddler room for a few months.
The best thing about working with kids: Giving them the encouragement they need to learn and grow and teaching them new things.
Dream place to travel: France and Italy
Love language: words of affirmation & quality time