Who Am I?
Although I use both the left and right side of my brain depending on the
thought process necessary, I am most comfortable while using the right side of my brain. That means that I have more spontaneity, expression, nurturing, social
and interpersonal activity, imagination and creativity, artistry, holistic, abstract
and conceptual thinking.
However, sometimes I need more structure, control, clarity, focus,
direction, responsibility, organization, planning, mathematical and analytical
skills, listening skills, rational and logical thinking.
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
- Dr. Seuss
My Personality Type
What Do I Want?
3. Art, Drama, Music, Teacher
5. Broadcast/ News Analyst
1. Makeup Artist
5. Communications Teacher
Top 3 Career Choices
- Apply makeup to preformers, shampoo, dry, and style hair, provide manicures, help preformers dress in costume, apply or re-apply makeup to preformers in between scenes.
- Work either in crowded backstage environments or local salons
- An assoiciates degree is required for this occupation
- Earns between $22,850 and $117,720 per year nationally.
- Photograph people and objects, develop photos, adjust equipment and lighting, create artificial light using flashes, review photos and choose best ones, scheduel appointments and keep records
- Work in studios usually phtographers work part-time
- recommended to have artistic ability and a good eye, no classes rquired
- Earns between $17,520 and $66,990 per year nationally
- Creates dance routines and teach them to dancers. Prepares and directs dance rehearsals. Instructs dancers on how to stand and move properly. Chooses music and sound effects to go with dance routines.Auditions people for dance parts
- Works very long hours. Work in modern and temperature controlled facilities, though some studios are older and less comfortable.
- Recommended to be a dancer for many years and have a four year degree
- Earns between $19,560 and $81,710 per year nationally
How Do I Get It?
- Ithaca ,New York
- Private University
- 21,626 students attend
- $61,043 per year
It Starts Now!
My High School Plans
– get good grades, get involved, start a resume of all activities/accomplishments
– keep grades up, take PSAT and/or PLAN, maintain resume
– boost GPA, take ACT and/or SAT, maintain resume
– get letters of recommendation, apply to schools, complete the FASFA, apply for scholarships