Mrs. Story's Fifth Grade Newsletter
September 22, 2016
Fri, Sept 23 First Woodwind class (band)
Fri, Sept 23 Poster about Noah is due
Fri, Sept 23 Quiz on Caddie Woodlawn vocab. list #3
Fri, Sept 23 Service Project sign up due
Mon, Sept 26 2-hour delay and Dress Down Day (Race for Education reward)
Tues, Sept 27 Popcorn Party and Movie Reward (Dress Down Day)
Tues, Sept 27 Catechism test 11-20
Wed, Sept 28 Language Test #1
Thurs, Sept 29 Math Test #3
Fri, Sept 30 Caddie Woodlawn quiz on chapters 7-8
Fri, Sept 30 Race for Education (Dress Down Day) Our time is 1:45-2:45 pm.
Sat, Oct 1 Happy Birthday to Lily Lepage! :)
Mon, Oct 3 Dress Down Day (Race for Education Reward)
Thurs, Oct 6 Caddie Woodlawn vocabulary quiz on list #4
Fri, Oct 7 Fifth grade field trip to Cowan's Gap and Fort Loudon
On the schedule for this week...
Bible--Students will role play the story of the Tower of Babel from Genesis 11. No Bible Memory on Monday due to the delay.
Reading--We will read Caddie Woodlawn chapters 7 and 8. Students will be quizzed on the content of those two chapters on Friday. There will not be a vocabulary quiz this week, but students do have a new list of words to study for a quiz next Thursday. Quizlet.com is still a great option for studying.
Language--We will have a test over the first unit on Verbs on Wednesday.
Spelling--We will work with list #5 (words with long U ) Please look into using www.spellingcity.com to assist students in practicing for Friday tests. Search for the list under teacher "5story"
Math--We will have a test on Thursday, review division and get another new equation (GxE=T) on Friday.
Science--We will finish watching the insect presentations and go outside for a real insect hunt.
Social Studies-- From Mrs. Priego: "A Social Studies extra credit assignment will be handed out to students next week. If your child had a "sign and return" Social Studies quiz this week, it is highly recommended that they complete this assignment."
A Note from Mrs. Story
- Fifth Grade Service Project sign up sheets are due back TOMORROW.
- The class has earned their first "Whole Class Reward"!! Next Tuesday afternoon we will relax together with a G movie and some popcorn. Students are allowed to dress down and also they may bring a pillow or blanket if they choose.
- If you have not already done so, please send in a pair of headphones or earbuds for your child to use at school.
- Thank you for all of the plasticware! We will be set for another few months.
- Students should wear Shalom apparel during the Race for Education on Friday, September 30th. If your child doesn't own a Shalom shirt contact Mrs. Crilley and one can be sent home.