ConVal School Nurse Newsletter
Back to school - August /September 2022
A few quick reminders as we begin a new year:
Physicals and Immunizations-
- Please provide your school nurse with any updated immunization records and recent physicals to include in your student's health record.
- Please click here for the New Hampshire School Immunization Requirements 2022-2023.
Medications at school:
- If your student requires any medication while at school, please communicate with your school nurse. Per district policy, students are not permitted to carry medication while in the school building.
- However, those students who may require emergency medications for life-threatening allergies, asthma, or diabetes may carry those medications with a written order from the prescribing provider on file with the nurse.
Illness Guidance - updated August 2022
Stay home when sick
People who have any symptoms of respiratory or gastrointestinal infections, such as cough, fever, sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea, should stay home.
Testing continues to be recommended for people with symptoms of COVID-19 as soon as possible after symptoms begin.
- Students who have any symptoms of respiratory or gastrointestinal illness, such as cough, fever, sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea, will be sent home and encouraged to get tested.
Students may return to school when symptoms have improved and they have been have been 24 hours free of vomiting, diarrhea, and fever without symptom-reducing medication.
Students infected with SARS-CoV-2, and persons with symptoms of COVID-19 who do not yet have test results, should stay home and follow CDC’s isolation recommendations.
Persons with an identified exposure to COVID-19 are no longer recommended to quarantine but should follow CDC’s recommendations for persons exposed to COVID-19.
Schools will continue to offer diagnostic testing for students and staff with symptoms of COVID-19.
At-home COVID-19 testing results will be accepted.
Other mitigation factors
- ConVal School District continues to support a mask-optional policy.
People who have known or suspected exposure to COVID-19 should wear a well-fitting mask around others for 10 days from their last exposure, regardless of vaccination status or history of prior infection.
CONVAL SCHOOL NURSES ARE AVAILABLE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL DURING SCHOOL HOURS TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS:
Gretchen Shippee, RN ConVal High School (603)924-3869 firstname.lastname@example.org
Judi Bernardi, RN ConVal High School (603)924-3869 email@example.com
Linda Compton, RN Great Brook School (603)588-6630 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tricia Harris, RN South Meadow School (603)924-7105 email@example.com
Vicki Mellon, RN Antrim Elementary T(603)588-6371 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Gourley, RN Peterborough Elementary (603)924-3828 email@example.com
Alaina Slocomb, RN Francestown Elementary (603)547-2976 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alaina Slocomb, RN Greenfield Elementary (603)547-3334 email@example.com
Mitzi Turgeon, RN Hancock Elementary (603)525-3303 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mitzi Turgeon, RN Temple Elementary (603)878-1955 email@example.com
Mitzi Turgeon, RN Dublin Consolidated (603)563-8332 firstname.lastname@example.org