Converse's Weekly Team Report
We are one team, with one mission, to be our best together!
- Jenny Lamkin has a birthday on Monday, Jan. 19th. Please make sure to wish her a happy birthday.
- Thanks for all your efforts to finish up our MOY reading testing this week. A few had to spill over to Monday but I have very much appreciated everyone's work. I have heard of some great progress to be celebrating!
- I am loving the Think it Through character play... If you haven't began using the following two focuses, please consider them as I have found the kids very responsive to them. Good choice, bad choice, my choice... Right place, right time, right way...
- Congrats to Nicole Robinson on becoming highly qualified! We are blessed to now be a school building full of only highly qualified instructional assistants. Woo hoo! We always knew they were highly qualified but now it is official!
- Thanks to the group responsible for today's "snacks". It was so very kind of you to "make up" our missed day of treats!
- Please welcome Marian Denney to our building. She will be subbing for Ruth Davies for a few weeks.
- This coming week kdg. will be administering the CoGAT and 2nd grade will be administering the Inview. Please beware of the assessments going on in the building and try to encourage quiet walking within the hallways.
- Favorite Color Day will be Friday, the 23rd. 2nd grade and Wendy Biggs will be providing snacks for the day.
- We will be in school on Jan. 19th, April 3rd, April 10th and April 17th due to our cancelled days.
- If you never happened to put up a picture of yourself on the front bulletin board you might want to stop by and check what picture has been posted on your behalf. Feel free to replace it with a school picture if you still have one. :)
- 100 day has been moved back to January 28th pending no additional cancellations prior to then.
from Jon Gordon's weekly newsletter... (positive strategies to fuel your life and career)
20 Tips for a Positive New Year
Updated for 2015
1. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can trust that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
2. Take a morning walk of gratitude. I call it a "Thank You Walk." It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
3. Make your first meal the biggest and your last meal the smallest. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
4. Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask: "What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?" Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
5. Talk to yourself instead of listen to yourself. Instead of listening to your complaints, fears and doubts, talk to yourself and feed your mind with the words and encouragement you need to keep moving forward.
6. Choose faith instead of fear. Faith turns adversities and dead-ends into detours to a better outcome than you thought possible.
7. Don't chase dollars or success. Decide to make a difference and build meaningful relationships and success will find you.
8. Get more sleep. You can't replace sleep with a double latte.
9. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in your purpose, people and the positive present moment.
10. Build your life and career with the 3 greatest success strategies of all. Love, Serve and Care.
11. Every day focus on your purpose. Remember why you do what you do. We don't get burned out because of what we do. We get burned out because we forget why we do it.
12. Remember there's no such thing as an overnight success. There's no substitute for hard work.
13. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
14. Implement the No Complaining Rule. If you are complaining, you're not leading.
15. Read more books than you did in 2014. I happen to know of a few good ones. : )
16. Don't seek happiness. Instead decide to live with passion and purpose and happiness will find you.
17. Focus on "Get to" vs "Have to." Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished____________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.