CBHT Religious School
Newsletter - 12/10/15
Upcoming Events in December and January
- This Friday, December 11th is our Annual Congregational Hanukkah Dinner at 5:45 PM. I hope you've made your reservations! And even if you are not coming to the dinner, please join us at services with music from the combined choirs of Kol Simcha Adult Choir and Shir Tephila Family Choir. Special Hanukkah/Shabbat services begin at 7:30. Shir Tephila Members, please be available for rehearsal at 6:30.
- If you've made a menorah for the Menorah Contest, please be sure to have it to the CBHT by 5:30 so it can be displayed at the dinner.
- This Friday evening is your last chance to have your family's photo taken for the CBHT Yearbook. The fabulously gifted Laurie Johnson will be available to take family photos before and after services.
- This Sunday, December 13th will be our final Religious School Session before our Winter Break. School begins at 9:30 (and we'll be officially half-way through our year!) We'll announce winners of the Menorah contest at Kehila Tephila!
- Also, this Sunday, local poet and community activist will be joining Kesher for a poetry workshop! Kesher will be writing poetry that will be presented at the January 15th service that Kesher will be leading.
- No Mid-week Hebrew this Wednesday, 12/16. We'll be back in session on 1/6.
- Friday, January 1st at 6:30: Family Services! This is not a Religious School led service, but all families are welcome to attend and ring in 2016 with Shabbat togetherness. Lauren will be telling a story for the D'var Torah. Hope you can be there.
- Sunday, January 10th - Religious School is back in session for our second semester.
The Sixth Night of Hanukkah: Ner Shel Tzedakah (Candle of Righteousness)
If you'll be attending services or the Hanukkah Dinner on Friday night, please consider giving. The "gift bags" will remain in the temple lobby throughout the month of December.
Thank you to the Tikkun Olam Committee for helping us grow our school!
Some Highlights from Sunday, December 6th
Everyone got to celebrate Hanukkah in their classrooms! Thanks to the many volunteers who made our celebrations possible. Here are some of the ways we celebrated Hanukkah around our school.
- The Parparim cooperated to make a beautiful menorah out of paper tubes which they painted themselves.
- Gan Yeladim and Kitah Aleph made little dreidels out of clay and made wrapping paper by spinning dreidels that were dipped in paint!
- Kitah Vav played Hanukkah Trivia and sang all three Hanukkah blessings to be in good practice for the first night of Hanukkah.
- Kesher played a very long and very fun game of Dybbuk Dreidel (a dreidel game created by Lauren's friend, Alon -- it's played with two dreidels and there are not four -- but sixteen outcomes! Mazel tov to Karleigh and Gabe -- our Dybbuk Dreidel Champions!
Todah Rabah to ...
- Lana Waltzer for gifting all the dreidels and chocolate gelt to every single child in our school. How very kind and generous!
- All of our Hanukkah Party helpers: Jill Huebner, Damon Goldman, Amanda Diamond Ring, Stacy Cohen, and Henry Fleischman.
- The Rudisill, Goldman, and Abrams families, who went the extra mile in providing latkes for children with special dietary needs.
- Bob Davis for his continued work on our teen lounge.
- Larry Weiss for taking care of some much needed playground repair.
Here's a peek at how we celebrated Hanukkah at CBHT Religious School!
Together we lit the menorah that last year's Kitah Hey made to remind us of the charities they sponsored
Shir Tephila joined Seth in singing "Light These Lights" after we lit the menorah.
Kesher plays a wild game of Dybbuk Dreidel!