Instructional Excellence Fellowship
Develop. Innovate. Share.
Extend Your Impact As A Teacher
Excellent, transformational teachers embody a desire to drive their own development as instructional leaders; are innovative problem solvers in their classrooms, schools, and communities; and share their knowledge, skills, and strategies with others.
Through the Instructional Excellence Fellowship (IEF), Teach For America- Metro Atlanta aims to build a community of intellectually engaged educators who serve as leaders within their schools and the broader Metro Atlanta community.
The Goals Of The Instructional Excellence Fellowship
- To keep alumni educators abreast of the latest and greatest instructional strategies and practices.
- To help alumni educators build the skills necessary to become transformational leaders in their classrooms, schools, and communities.
- To bring alumni educators together for collaboration and fellowship.
How The Program Works:
· July – December 2013: IEF cohort members will participate in the Teach Like A Champion professional development series being sponsored by KIPP Metro Atlanta. Cohort members will also participate in bi-monthly cohort meetings. Meetings will be in person or via conference call depending on the month.
· January – May 2014: IEF cohort members will mentor a 2013 corps member, as well as facilitate a professional development session at the January All Corps Event and/or professional development night for corps members. Cohort members will meet with their mentee at least once a month to assist with pedagogical challenges. Cohort members will also participate in bi-monthly cohort meetings. Meetings will be in person or via conference call depending on the month.
Who Is This Program For?
This year long professional development is open to all alumni educators teaching for the 2013-14 school year.
Ready to Apply?
Contact Norledia Moody, Director of Educational Leadership, Teach For America-Metro Atlanta at 404-688-9843, Ext. 14158 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have already admitted our cohort this year. We will be accepting our new cohort in Spring 2014.