City in South Africa
- Sunny climate from October to April characterized by hot days followed by afternoon thundershowers and cool evenings.
- the winter months May to September by dry, sunny days followed by cold nights.
- Temperatures in Johannesburg are usually fairly mild due to the city's high elevation, with an average maximum daytime temperature in January of 25.6 °C (78.1 °F), dropping to an average maximum of around 16 °C (61 °F) in June.
- Winter is the sunniest time of the year, with mild days and cool nights, dropping to 4.1 °C (39.4 °F) in June and July.
- The temperature occasionally drops to below freezing at night, causing frost.
Johannesburg is one of the largest cities in the continent and also a popular tourist destination, Johannesburg is one of the top 50 metropolitan areas in the world. Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa and is commonly known as the lightning capital of the world. It serves as the economic and financial hub of the country, contributing around 16 percent of its gross domestic products. The city also serves as the gateway to South Africa, as it acts as a transit point for connecting to various other cities in the country.It is truly global in nature and is classified as a Gamma World City.
- Johannesburg is the most populous city in South Africa.
- Johannesburg is an important center for large-scale gold and diamond trade, as it’s located on the mineral-rich Witwatersrand range of hills.
- Johannesburg is the provincial capital of Gauteng, which is the wealthiest province in the country.
- Johannesburg is one of the 40 largest metropolitan areas of the world.
- It is Africa’s second largest global city, after Cairo. Johannesburg has been rebuilt four times in the span of one century.
- Johannesburg’s traffic is legendary all over the world. Even though the city is dotted with a dozen highways, it can get quite difficult for commuters to travel from one place to another even if the destination is only a block away! The average commuting time in Johannesburg from one place to another is 45 minutes.