Kyle R. Wilson Elementary
Parents/Guardians thank you so much for attending our Spirit Night at Sweeto Burrito and the Harvest Fall Festival this past month. Both events were fun and a huge success! Thanks to our wonderful PTO and parents who volunteered their time, sent in products for the raffle baskets or just picked up dinner. We truly appreciate your support!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR STUDENTS WHO SIGNED THE BOOK OF HEROES THIS MONTH- NAMES ARE ATTACHED
THESE STUDENTS EACH EARNED 30 HERO TICKETS FROM VARIOUS STAFF MEMBERS THROUGHOUT THE BUILDING. WAY TO GO!
Just a few helpful reminders to make this year great:
· If you have questions or concerns, please contact your child’s teacher first
· Remember, if your child tells you something call the teacher to find out what the facts are, don’t jump to conclusions too fast. It takes all of us to ensure that students are HEROS at Kyle R. Wilson, so please keep communication lines open.
We continue to add to our wonderful KWES family: PALs Tutors- Martina Honea and Meghan Ray, Temporary LD Teacher Asst. – Kelly Curry, 2nd grade teacher- Joy Evans and Kindergarten TA for Ms. Mason- Melissa Hildebrand.
Lost & Found
We have lots of coats and accessories in our school’s lost and found lockers in the front lobby. Please ask your children to check the lost and found if they are missing any coats and/or items. We want to ensure that missing coats are getting back to their rightful owners, especially with the cooler days ahead.
Parents please do not drop your child off after 9:00am in the morning without coming in to sign them in. We will be contacting parents to remind you to sign them in, if this occurs. Thank you.
· Car riders- please make sure that you do not pass cars in the car rider line. This can be dangerous for students and parents who are loading and unloading students. Please
adhere to the pedestrians crossing in the cross walk.
· Parents or someone listed on the emergency cards of Kindergartners must be at the bus stop each day to pick up their students. We are having many Kinders come back each day because no one is at the bus stop.
Please feel free to download the My Bus app so that you can know where your child’s bus is at all times. You can find this app on our webpage. website. Of course, you can also contact transportation with your concerns at 571-402-3912.
Upcoming Events for November :
November 6th- Teacher Workday – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
November 7th- Parent Conference Day – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
November 9th – Veterans Day Recognition- paper work has been sent home if you did not receive one please contact Ms. James (Our School Counselor)
November 10th- NO SCHOOL – VETERAN’S DAY
November 16th - KWES Multicultural Night @6:45pm, Report Cards Go Home
November 21st- PTO Meeting @ 6:30pm
November 22nd- 24th – THANKSGIVING BREAK
November 29th – Picture Makeup Day
Please welcome our new cafeteria hostess Ms. Aquino-Lasalle.
Please make sure that your child has enough funds on their lunch accounts for lunch each week. Remember you have to complete a new lunch application each year. They are located online at pwcs.edu or you can get one from the office. You can send in a payment with your child in a sealed envelope that is sent directly to the lunchroom each day or pay online at www.myschoolbucks.com. Please review the new regulation Payment for Charged Food Purchases regulation 460-1, in regards to school lunches on the PWCS website or by scanning the QR code below.
More information on lunch menus and payment options can be found at http://pwcsnutrition.com/.
· Just a reminder that any student who owes $100 on a lunch bill will be given an alternative lunch according to the regulation . The intent of the new regulation 460-1 is to establish a divisionwide process to handle situations when students have unpaid meal charges and delinquent account debt.
NEW ATTENDANCE POLICY
Parents new this year is regulation 724-1 Attendance Monitoring and Truancy Intervention. No longer will preapproved absences be excused unless under extraordinary circumstances. Family trips should be scheduled during school holidays and over summer break. Absences for family trips will not be excused unless accompanied by extraordinary circumstances and in no case for any period exceeding five school days without the approval of the Office of Student Services. A determination of whether extraordinary circumstances exist lies in the discretion of the principal, in collaboration with the Office of Student Services. If your child has over 5 days of unexcused absences, a referral will be sent to the Attendance officer for compliance with the compulsory education laws.
Kyle R. Wilson Elementary School
Courageous, Dedicated and Strong