Over the Hump
by: Father Charlie
December 5, 2018
When I was in college, I worked part-time during the holidays at Montgomery Wards. One year they had me selling shoes, which was not the most favorite thing for a young college lad, but what they heck. My time was up on Christmas Eve and they closed at 6:00 PM.
About 4:00, I was invited into the sports dept, to have an eggnog. I had never had eggnog before, at least not like this one. One was enough for me to really enjoy what I was doing for the rest of the afternoon. About closing time, I saw a woman walking in the aisles looking for something. I asked her, and she replied, "I am looking for toys for my children but I only have 5 dollars to spend. In my jolly mood, I grabbed a big, big sack and filled it with as many toys as I could and announced that it would cost 5 dollars. I don't remember if I even put the money in the cash register, but the smile on her face and how I felt as I left the store was worth far more than the money.
Bless Somebody Today,
Please Join Us:
- Adult Sunday School 9am - 9:45am
- Mass Every Sunday—10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School—Every Sunday at 9:45am
- Luncheon—1st Sunday each month after services
- Daughters of the King—1st Wednesday of each month—6:00p.m.
- Vestry Meeting—2nd Sunday each month after services
- Office Hours—Monday through Friday — 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Priest in Charge
Fr. Charlie Keen (214) 725-5328
Kim Devrow—(972) 875-2423 Office
(214) 773-6544 Mobile