Miss Wright's First Grade Gazette
April 11th-April 15th
What we're working on:
- Question of the week: When does a problem need a clever solution?
- Phonics Skill: Vowel digraph: ow/ou
- Phonics Skill: le final syllable
- Setting and Plot
- Writing our own stories
- High Frequency words: along, behind, eyes, never, pulling, toward
- Spelling words: how, town, down, now, brown, cow, clown, frown, crowd, growl
- Adding groups of ten
- Regrouping 2 digit numbers
Science: Weather, Seasons, and the Water Cycle
District Art Show
All 1st graders have a piece in the show this year because Mrs. Liechti will be playing their stop motion videos. The videos will ONLY be on display on the 14th during Parade of Bands 5:30-7. The Art Show is open until the 14th.
The link below is a preview:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_ORRQ_OsI&feature=youtu.be