Team CSF News
One Team. One Goal. No Limits.
National School Lunch Week
- Good News Club meets
- Blogs updated by 8am
- Math Planning meetings (2nd, 3rd, and 5th)
- Lisa at Numeracy Meeting- No Math Planning meetings (K5 and 1st)
- ELA Planning meeting (3rd and 4th)
- Faculty Meeting
- GT Art meets
- Healthy People, Healthy Pets Club meets
- Lisa and Kelly at Meetings
- Kelly at Meeting - No ELA Planning Meeting (5K, 1st, 2nd, and 5th)
- Lesson Plans turned in
- Earthquake/ Shake - Out Drill
- Verifications at 8am (include grades to 10/13)
- TK Ceremony at 8:30
- Dummy Report Cards Printed
- Everyone should be using TenMarks by now.
- Winter MAP testing will be December 1st-18th.
- Thank you for having SafeSchool Assignments completed on time.
- If a student has issues with clothing or shoes, please send those to Mrs. Isreal or Mrs. Lancaster, not the nurse. We do not want to expose healthy students to sickness.
- Please do not send students to the nurse if you have a a question regarding their medicine. If you have questions, please call the nurse, and she will contact the parents and relay the information to you. Once again, we do not want to expose healthy students to sickness.
- Recess - We have had a large number of health room visits during recess time, please make sure that you have dispersed yourselves throughout the area, and are actively watching students. It is important to be proactive instead of reactive.
- Please ensure that you have followed the directions from Rhonda Henderson regarding your email signature.
- Please review the emails that were shared with you regarding the State Faculty Meeting, Metric Week, and the Spartanburg Writing Project. Please pay attention to deadlines.
Vision and Hearing Screening
- October 19th and 20th
- Please see schedule below.
- If it is not your normal computer lab activity time, please bring your students and stay with them. Please have them bring a book to read.
- Please remember that a sub nurse will be in the health room on these days.
A Look Ahead...
- Parent/Teacher Conferences on 20th and 22nd; we work until 6:30 pm
- In exchange for working those late nights, you are off on October 23
- Red Ribbon Flier is sent home to parents
- Rti is October 21
Week of October 26-30:
- 100 BC 1st Qtr Reward is the 27th
- Awards are due to Ehlich by 8am on the 27th
- Faculty Meeting on 27th
- 1st 9 Week Awards Day is the 28th
- Principal Pals is on the 28th
- School Spirit Day in on the 29th
- PBIS Reward Day - Grand Slam Luncheon is the 29th during lunch time for qualifying students
- Signed Report Cards are due on the 29th
- Teacher MAP Conferences are on the 30th
District Grading Update....
Determination of Grades:
90% of a student’s grade in Math, Reading, and Language Arts will be determined by a minimum of 5 major tests or assessments. For example, one major project may be counted as a test grade. For Science and Social Studies, 90% of a student’s grade will be determined by a minimum of 4 major tests or assessments.
10% of a student’s grade in Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies will be determined by classwork, minor quizzes, reports, projects, homework, etc. A minimum of one assignment per subject each week is required for daily grades.
**Grades should be entered into PowerSchool 5 days after the day of the assessment or the day that the teacher receives the assessment.
**Entries should be made in PowerSchool every 5 days.
**Grades for Special Education Resource students will be given by the regular classroom teacher in collaboration with the Resource teacher.
A Few Safety Reminders...
1. Conduct a daily “safety scan” of your classroom each morning as you enter the room. Remove or relocate any items that may create a safety hazard.
2. Always keep floors and walkways clear.
3. Be aware of your surroundings as you walk. Watch for potential slip and trip hazards.