February 6, 2023
In this Edition:
Information about Granville Academy & 5 STAR Academy Pirates:
- GA Shout Outs: Alexus Bullock, Kylei Jones, Ms. Perry
- Spelling Bee Winner: Jamey (4th Grader)
Important Information for All Pirates:
- Get Your Imagination Going: February 24th 2023
- Grade 3-8 Learning Lab
- Grade 9-12 Learning Lab
- Virtual Meet the Teacher
- Chromebook Information 2022-2023
- GA Student Technology Handout
- PTO Officer Sign up/Nominations
- Access Student Grades & Information
- Tech Support Info
- Upcoming Events
Elementary Information for All
- Brainpop Jr: Ruby Bridges
Secondary Information for All
- Granville County Youth Leadership Council
- ACT Test Prep Events: GA Pirate Juniors
- ACT Bulletin
- ACT Question of the Day
- Senior Survey & Fee
- Seniors: Scholarship Info
- GoMerry Scholarship Opportunities
- College Career Ready
- Granville Academy 2023-2024: OPEN
- Open Enrollment!
- Application Process
Fill out this form to send a shout out to a Granville Academy student, staff member, learning coach, or family for something great they are doing!
Spelling Bee Winner: Jamey (4th Grader)
🎉🐝 #GranvilleAcademy Spelling Bee winner: Jamey - 4th grader 🐝🎉
He will now compete in the GCPS District Spelling Bee in February against the winners of the other Elementary schools.
3rd - 8th Grade Learning Lab:
Tutoring for students in grades 3 - 8 begins today from 1 pm - 3 pm. Please be sure that your student’s teacher has been made aware of your student staying prior to the day.
Tutoring for grades 3 - 8 will be on Mondays for our students who attend the Mary Potter location, again the time is from 1 pm - 3 pm.
The Learning Lab will be offered to students who attend the Mary Potter location on Tuesday’s from 1 pm - 3 pm.
Tutoring for grades 3 - 8 will be on Wednesdays for our students who attend the Tar River location, from 1 pm - 3 pm.
Due to staffing, we will not offer a learning lab at the Tar river location.
ClassLink (ClassLink replaced Clever)
ClassLink is an app integration and repository tool. The students will automatically access it when they log in to a Chromebook. Each school’s web page will have a link to Classlink that can be bookmarked in the browser.
Direct Link: https://launchpad.classlink.com/granvillenc
We are looking forward to the start of the school year and have some annual back to school "To Do" items in reference to student Chromebooks. Please keep in mind that all GA students receive a Chromebook to use at school and at home. In order to receive the Chromebook the steps outlined below must be completed prior to the first day of school.
GA Pirates To Do:
New Students to Granville Academy or 5 STAR Academy:
- Please complete the Technology Paperwork/Papeles de Tecnologia Form
- Please Pay the $25 User Fee
- Join us on August 10th, 2022 at the GA Mary Potter Campus from 1:30 - 3:30 to receive your device.
Returning Students to Granville Academy or 5 STAR Academy:
- Please Pay the $25 User Fee
You can do this on your own Internet-connected device or smartphone, or if you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thank you in advance!
PTO Officer Positions
Sign up or nominate a Pirate Parent/Guardian for a #GAPirate PTO Officer portion for the 22-23 school year! #ProudParents #GranvilleAcademy #5STARAcademy
Sign up here.
Please review the positions and sign up or nominate a parent/guardian that you feel would fit the position best.
Sign up here
Sign Up for PowerSchool
BoxTops for ED
Granville Academy is continuing to participate in the Box Top for Education program this year!
Please view the flyer below for updated information on how to participate and earn money for our school.
If you need help with your school issued device, please be sure to complete a Tech Support Ticket to receive help. Prior to completing the form, please complete the two steps below:
- Step 1: Clear your cache using the process outlined here.
- Step 2: Restart your device.
Granville County Youth Leadership Council
Please reach out to Morocco Abdul-Haqq (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Asia Abdul-Haqq (email@example.com) with any questions.
ACT: Question of the Day
Get some ACT practice with an ACT Question of the Day! There is a new question every day that you can answer. This will tell you the correct answer and also explain why the correct answer is the correct answer.
Senior Survey & Fee
You are receiving this email because you are expected to graduate this year. I would like for each senior to complete the Senior Survey and I would also like to provide you with information on senior fees.
The senior fee is intended to help pay for a t-shirt, goodie bag, a senior breakfast or lunch for you to enjoy, and parts of graduation. Your senior fee is $50. You can pay this fee one of three ways:
- Online - We now have an online option for paying your senior fee! Click here to access our online payment system and add the senior fee to your cart for payment.
- By Mail - You can mail a CHECK to this address: Bethany Young, 200 Taylor Street, Oxford, NC 27565. Please make all checks payable to Granville Academy & include 'Senior Fee' on the memo line. Please include a note on which senior the fee is covering.
- In Person - You can stop by the Mary Potter Center for Education and pay in person with cash or check.
If you are unable to afford your senior fee, please reach out to Mrs. Young.
Please make sure you fill out the Senior Survey so that I know what size t-shirt to get for you. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Hello GA Pirate Seniors & Families,
Here is a link to numerous scholarships offered through GoMerry.
Please use the link to search for scholarships that you can apply for and win! You can login with your GCPS Google account to join.
Please reach out to Ms. Parker if you have any questions or need help. Thank you to Ms. Parker for sharing this information!
Location: 200 Taylor Street, Oxford, NC, USA