Chapel of the Cross Faith & Family
Family Bible time for the week of June 7-June 13
Welcome to Chapel's Faith & Family!
Jesus Will Come Again
What is something that you are looking forward to?
The apostle John was sent off to the island of Patmos by people who didn't want him preaching about Jesus. While he was there, God gave John a special revelation--a vision. John witnessed the battle between the the true God and the powers of sin and hell, and he saw some amazing things about the new heaven and the new earth that God has promised for all believers. John's vision gives us hope and courage as we wait for Jesus to come again and take us to heaven to be with Him forever.
Dear Lord Jesus, as we study our lesson this week, help us understand the promises You made to one day take us to be with You forever. Bless our time together. In Your name we pray. Amen.
Bible Lesson: Jesus Will Come Again
- Open your family Bible or a Children's Bible storybook and read this account together OR
- Read this account using an online Bible (Biblegateway.com) Revelation 21:1-22:5 OR
- Listen to the Bible account being read using the video below.
Talk about it
- What does the voice from the throne in the new heaven say about God and His people?
- What will there not be in heaven?
- How will people feel in heaven? Who will be there?
John heard a loud voice from the throne saying that in the new heaven, God will dwell among His people. They will be His people, and God himself with be with them and be their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death or mourning, or crying or pain.
People will be perfectly happy in heaven. We will live in perfect joy and peace with God forever! Because Jesus died for our sins and rose again, God promises to take all who believe in Jesus as their Savior to be with Him for all eternity.
God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Revelation 7:17
Things To Do Together
The Lord's Prayer
Bible Lesson: Concordia Publishing House
Chapel of the Cross--Lutheran
Our Core Values:
- Empowered by the cross of Christ
- People working together
- Opening the Word to all people
- Showing the love of Jesus
- Warm and supportive environment