Cars: Maths in Motion.
1/2 Day CPD for HCAT
In doing this you'll learn about the software and the half-day will prepare you to use it back in school, if you decide to purchase the software.
What is covered?
- Multiplication, Division
- Calculator work (or not!)
- Decimals, rounding, context
- Ratios, chance, risk, strategy
- Angles, measurement, scale
- Speed, distance, time
- Maths modelling… what happens if?
- Engine performance, aerodynamics, gears, suspension
- Team strategy, working together
- Interpreting graphs, statistics
- Data handling
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Maths Skills
- enter the regional challenge with the aspiration of making the national finals. *
- compete against other local schools. An exciting Academy/Cluster Challenge.
- keep it in-house and have in-school challenges.
* £199 entry fee.
G&T/More Able Co-ordinators
Course Fee: £500 for the HCAT Group. Max 3 attendees per school. Places limited to 30 participants.
Time: 1.00pm - 4.30pm as Teacher CPD, 10.00 am -2.30 pm as pupil session.
Venue: HCAT school to host
Participants to bring their own laptop. One per school/team.