Rising Star OST
HAVE A HEART
Monday, February 15th-JCPRD will be CLOSED in observance of President's Day.
Mid-February-look for Summer Camp enrollment information.
April-2016-2017 JCPRD OST Fall Registration.
If your child(ren) will not be attending JCPRD OST please call, 913.438.9650 by 3p, or email email@example.com by 2p.
Please keep in mind that we open at 7am and close at 6pm. Late fees apply after 6p, a $1 per minute and will be strictly enforced.
If you child is a part-time participant and needs care on All Day OST days, please let us know. You will be charged $25 for these days.
SPRING IS IN THE AIR
Monday and Friday will be Stay On Site days. Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday will be trip days, TBD.
SPRING BREAK INFORMATION
Spring Break information 2016
Mill Creek JCPRD will be hosting Spring Break camp and combining with Rising Star & Sunflower
Any SMSD school age child K-6th can enroll in JCPRD’s Spring Break camp
Cost: $25 per day Hours: Mondays-Friday 7a-6p
Monday, March 14th-Staying on site, Think Spring! N.A.I.A. D1 basketball team coming in for a basketball workshop
Tuesday, March 15th-Junie B. Jones Musical at Theatre for Young America at Union Station, Kaleidoscope & Hallmark Museum at Crown Center Depart 9a & Return 4:15p
Wednesday, March 16th-N.A.I.A. D1 Basketball Tournament games at Municipal Auditorium Depart 10a & Return 4:15p. (We ask that your child(ren) wear their JCPRD field trip shirt for this event)
Thursday, March 17th-KU Natural History Museum & Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center, Lawrence, KS Depart 9a & Return 4:45p
(Children need to bring suits and towels in a bag to change into @ the pool)
Friday, March 18th-Staying on site. Hawaiian Luau & Movie Day, Lunch provided
Looking for something fun to do this summer?
Can you believe it is already time to enroll for summer camp? As most of you already know, Outdoor Summer Camp Registration started on February 1st. Please know that Indoor Summer Camp Registration will begin Monday, February 22 at noon by downloading the forms from www.jcprdkids.com. As a reminder, all forms will have to be scanned into the Registration Office. The forms cannot be turned into our school sites. Locations for indoor camps has still not been determined as of now. Once we discover this information, I will make sure to email that information out to you. Please take advantage of signing up your children at your earliest convenience to earn a spot in our summer camps. They tend to fill up pretty quickly! If you have any questions regarding summer camps, the activities, etc. please feel free to ask. I would love to assist in any way.
Tax Man Cometh
2015 Child Care Tax Statements.
JCPRD Registration Office emailed your 2015 child care expense report to you the week of January 4-8, 2016. Please check your inbox for that information as well as your SPAM folder in case it gets stuck there. For claiming Child and Dependent Care Tax Credits,
the Johnson County Park and Recreation District’s
Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 48-6090320.
SIGNING IN & OUT
Verifying Pick Ups-If we do not get a call, email, or note stating another person besides parents are not picking up, we will call to verify this. Please call the site number at 913.438.9650 if someone else is picking up your child(ren) so that our staff is informed and can attend to the kids.
Please remember to initial and time in and out your child(ren) daily.
- Check-In: If you know your child(ren) will not be in OST please call us at 913.438.9650 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a student has not checked in with us, we will contact you if we haven't heard from you first.
- Snack: Commit to Health snacking with healthy alternatives, fresh fruits and veggies with delicious water.
- Homework/Reading time: After snack time your child(ren) can stay inside for our homework/reading time that will begin roughly at 3:30 and ends 4:30p. We encourage kids to work on homework but do not force them.
- Activities: We will provide clubs for kids to experience a wide range of activities. Some of the clubs include: Music, Writing, Cooking, Art & Crafts, Fitness, and STEAM. As we progress through out the months, new clubs may be added.
- Outside/Gym Time: We believe it is essential for minds and bodies to have mental health breaks and join in on fitness breaks. Weather permitting we will go outside. JCPRD follows the Shawnee Mission school district’s weather policy. Please remember to have your child(ren) layer up and bring a jacket with their name labeled inside it. We will have structured activities for them to do during this time as well as free play.
- Check-Out: When you come to pick up your child(ren) please remember to WALK IN and SIGN THEM OUT in room 002 through door #15. There is a late charge of a $1 per minute after 6:00pm