Together in Learning and Faith
November 3, 2019
Smore background created by Ms. Kelava's Grade 3 class
Why is Catholic Education Important?
A Message from Father Kris about LOVE!
Celebrating Catholic Education
Thank you to Ms Keleva, Ms Cyca and Mrs. Heesing for your presence at mass. A special thank you to Mrs. Earle, Miss Bohaychuk, Mrs. Buban, Mrs. Lukie, Mrs. Weller and Mme Gravelle for helping with the Ministries at mass and for your faith leadership.
On Tuesday, November 5th from 5:00 – 8:30 pm and Wednesday, November 6th from 3:30 – 7:00 pm we will be hosting Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences to celebrate your child’s growth and learning since September. Attending these 3-Way Conferences with your child is an essential part of their learning process.
Mme Gravelle (Grade 4 French) and Mrs. Lukie (Music & Drama) are also available for interview times and have been added to the list of available teachers to book an appointment with on the School Interviews site. You are welcome and encouraged to see them during the scheduled interview times.
Conferences can be booked online at www.schoolinterviews.ca. Please follow these simple instructions to book a time convenient for your family.
- Go to www.schoolinterviews.ca
- Select the “MAKE A BOOKING” button on the top right-hand corner of the page
- Enter the OLA event code: 9tm6u and press “GO”
- Enter your details
- Select the teachers you wish to see
- Select the appointment times that suit your family best
- Click “FINISH”
Your interview timetable will be emailed to you automatically. (If you do not receive your e-mail immediately please check your junk mail folder.) You can return to www.schoolinterviews.ca at any time to change your conference times until the bookings close at 8:00 pm on November 4th; please remember to use the same name and email address you used for your original booking. Parents wishing to change their conference times after the closing date should contact May-Lee in the office at 780-998-3716.
If you do not have access to the internet please contact the school office and we will gladly assist you in booking your interviews.
We are excited to meet with you to celebrate your child’s learning!
Faith in Action Assembly
We also congratulated our Grade 2 students who were part of the OLA Parish First Reconciliation Celebration last Saturday. Well done and God Bless!
SLS Wellness Team Announcement
Wednesday's Theme is:
One Colour Day
Dress in as much of one colour of your choice and together we will create an OLA rainbow!
Sharing our Smiles!
Kinders at Telus World of Science
OLA School Council News
Annual Poinsettia Sale Volunteers Needed
Last year the OLA SC Poinsettia Sale was one of the most profitable fundraisers of the year. Your Fundraising Committee is looking for volunteers to help take orders at OLA Parish on the following dates for about 15 minutes before and after Mass:
- Sunday, November 3rd 9:00 am Mass & 11:00 am Mass
- Saturday, November 9th 5:15 pm Mass
- Sunday, November 10th 9:00 am Mass & 11:00 am Mass
If you are able to share your time please email the OLA School Council at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking Ahead . . .
Sunday, November 3
- Daylight Savings Time - Clocks fall back 1 hour
- Catholic Education Mass 9:00 am at OLA Church
Monday, November 4
- Scholastic Arctic Adventure Book Fair begins in the library
- No Faith in Action Assembly - please join us on Friday
- Power Option Sign up for Wednesday's Power Options
- GRACE/GIFT Catholic Education Engagement Evening 7:00 pm OLPH Church
Tuesday, November 5
- Book Fair continues in the library
- 3-Way Conferences 5:00 - 8:30 pm - See booking details above
Wednesday, November 6
- Book Fair continues in the library
- Grade 1-4 Power Options in the afternoon
- School Spirit Theme Day - One Colour Day!
- Early Dismissal at 2:19 pm
- 3-Way Conferences 3:30 - 7:00 pm - See booking details above
Thursday, November 7
- Book Fair wraps up
Friday, November 8
- T/Th Pre-K/Kinders in class today
- Remembrance Day Celebration 10:45 am in the gym - everyone welcome
- Grade 3 & 4 Rec Swim 1:00 - 2:30 pm Harbour Pool
November 9 - 17 Fall Break - NO SCHOOL FOR STAFF & STUDENTS
Monday, November 18
- Lifetouch Picture Retake Day
- Faith Assembly at 12:30pm - Everyone Welcome
Wednesday, November 20
- Sam Ledrew reads to 4E and 2C
Thursday, November 21
- OLA School Council Meeting - 7:00pm in the library: OLA Leadership will share the impact of the budget as set forth by the UPC Government both this year and in the future.
and a Little Further Ahead . . .
Thursday, November 21 @ 7:00pm - OLA School Council Meeting
December 3 Advent Mass 1:00 pm
December 12 Advent Concert 9:30 am performance - stay tuned for more details.
December 12 Advent Concert 6:30 pm - details to follow **VIP seat fundraiser too!!
To see what is coming even further ahead, please visit our website calendar.
You can check out our M/W Kinder calendar here,
and our Pre-K AM calendar here.
"Today we remember those who have walked before us, in the hope of meeting them, of reaching the place where we'll find the love that created us and awaits us: the love of the Father. #AllSoulsDay"
Twitter, November 2, 2019
All Souls Day