The Outstanding Owl
News about the great things at R.C. Burleson Elementary!
Welcome to the Outstanding Owl!!
May has gotten off to a really great start. We've had lots of highlights and activities so far. Everyone is going the extra mile to make this last month very productive. STAAR Crunch plans are continuing, we celebrated Teacher Appreciation, conducted our 1st Annual Muffins with Moms and Cinco De Mayo was fantastic. These are just a few highlights of the wonderful things happening on our campus. Enjoy!
Remember, this newsletter is utilized to highlight various activities and accomplishments that occur on campus. If you want to feature anyone or anything that deserves Kudos at our school, please email me with a picture and/or description. We are doing great things, lets share our great work!
R.C. Burleson's Vision
2016 STAAR PEP RALLY
4th Grade performed a step that incorporated English and Spanish motivation!
Mr. Striker leads 2nd in their STAAR chant!
3rd Grade had the greatest participation! They represented!
5th Grade Students designed their own chant and dance!
Spruce Drill Team
Spruce Drill team and Dancers supported our campus!
There were 9 Vendors total that supported our Pep Rally.
Vendors gave away pertinent information such as Summer Programs, Medical Information, and Resources for our community.
Ms. Zalace had the never-ending balloon art line!
Cinco De Mayo Program
Muffins With Moms
Muffins with moms
Ms. Stewart designed and created the beautiful Owls.
Ms. Guerrero designed and created the flowers.
Look I caught this team finishing up the final touches the day before.
Ms. Pagan, Ms. Stewart, and Ms. Soto serve juice to mothers.
Ms. Clay, Ms. Scheihing, and Ms. White serve muffins to moms.
The mothers are spending time with their students enjoying a delicious muffin.
Cinco De Mayo Parade - Pleasant Grove
KUDOS CORNER - (This corner comes from members of the staff that want to give a shout out to an Outstanding Owl.)
- Kudos to Mr. Rodriguez for choreographing the Cinco De Mayo dances for most of the grade levels.
- Kudos to Ms. Guerrero, Ms. Baca, Ms. Blythe and Grandma for the decorating the auditorium for Cinco De Mayo.
- Kudos to the Sunshine Committee for helping spread sunshine during Teacher Appreciation week.
- Kudos to Ms. Pagan for coming up with the Muffins for Moms idea leading it to fruition.
- Kudos to all that helped with Muffins with Mom, from decorations, communications, and serving.
- Kudos to Ms. Ware for organizing a fantastic STAAR Pep Rally, also Kudos to ALL of the teachers that came out on the Saturday to support our students.
- Kudos to Coach Davis, Ms. Cortez, Ms. Blythe, Ms. Meek, Ms. Ulloa, Mr. Beltran, Ms. Ross and Ms. Woods for your flexibility and working with the SSI students.
- Kudos to Mr. Rodriguez for organizing the students for the Cinco De Mayo parade.
- Kudos to Ms. Manzanares for driving the car/float during the parade.
- Kudos to Mr. Beltran and Ms. Ross for supervising students pass our property line and into the neighborhood to assist with safety.
- Kudos to Coach Davis for leading our Track team to number one in Dallas ISD.
- Kudos to all of you for having a learning filled week where everyone was focused on educating our students.
Please do not forget to text @RCBstaff to 81010 to receive staff updates.