Term 3, Week 7, 7th September 2022
At Waipawa we value:
Kia ora koutou,
Not since 2019 have we had such a run of events. Last week we had Rippa, Barefoot, a class trip and our Junior Cross Country. This week we have our Cross Country for the rest of school, Year 5/6 mathletics and a writers workshop all happening. All this takes a fair bit of organisation and we're lucky to have a great group of teachers who put in the extra time to organise, practice and get everything sorted. We also lean heavily on whānau to help us out so a huge thanks to all the parents for managing, transporting and supporting our children.
Ngā mihi nui,
LOOK What we have been up to ...
Junior Cross Country Results
5 Year old Girls
1st Maia Hampton, 2nd Livvy Robertshaw, 3rd Layah Guylott
5 Year old Boys
1st Harley Walford, 2nd Arlo Stehfest, 3rd Carlyell Barrett
6 Year old Girls
1st Syvanna Martel, 2nd Waiwhenua Heke-Hapuku, 3rd Ellie Harper
6 Year old Boys
1st Hugo Smith, 2nd Spencer Kelly-Lewis, 3rd Ben Waite
7 & 8 Year old Girls
1st Ffion Cruise, 2nd Charlotte Foster, 3rd Aryian McKenzie
7 & 8 year old Boys
1st Jack Brightwell, 2nd Johnathon Taylor, 3rd Archie Eagle
Rippa Rugby Photos
He took over 9000 photos, so you may find one of your child in there.
Yr 8 Sports Park
SCHOOL PHOTOS TUESDAY 20TH SEPT
In a couple of weeks after photos have been taken students will receive a Photo Access Key Card to view and purchase your photos online.
Fish & Chip Friday this week for Kakano to Room 7
Waipawa Primary School 2022 Board of Trustees Election
VOTING CLOSES TODAY AT 4PM All eligible voters have received voting papers in the mail.
If you are returning your voting papers by post - please ensure that they reach the school by 12 September 2022. Emailed or faxed voting paper WILL NOT be accepted.
Every Friday Sam Oosterkamp will be taking guitar lessons at Waipawa Primary School. Sam's lessons will focus on teaching students the skills they need to either start playing guitar or to further enhance their ability to play guitar.
Sessions start at $25 per half hour for 1 : 1 coaching.
Or group coaching up to 3 children per half hour session at $15 per half hour.
To book a session please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are late, you are going to an appointment, you have been to an appointment or a student is away from school.
If your child is not attending school for any reason please make contact with either the school office or the classroom teacher by phone, using the Hero App or Seesaw. Relying on siblings to inform us often doesn't work.
WANTED WANTED WANTED WANTED
Whānau & Friends (PTA)
WIN AN AIR NEW ZEALAND MYSTERY BREAK
More tickets are available from Wendy Sheehan, please contact Wendy on 021 631039.
Please return any unsold tickets to the school office so these can be distributed.
You can pay by cash to the school office or by depositing the money into the Whanau & Friends bank account number: 03-0779-0009817-000. Please make one deposit for each book sold not every ticket and use your child's surname as a reference please. All proceeds will go to Education Outside the Classroom - Bus hire.
If you have tickets that you are unable to sell please send these back to school so that others may sell.
Whanau & Friends Fundraiser 2022 Calendar Art
Waipawa School Term Dates 2022
Term 3: Monday 25th July to Friday 30th September
Term 4: Monday 17th October to Thursday 15th December
Teacher Only Day: Friday 18 November & Friday 16th December
Public Holidays: HB Anniversary Day 21st October, Labour Day 24th October
- Week 7: 9 September Fish & Chip Friday for Kakano to Room 7
- Week 8: 15 September - CHB Cross Country
- Week 8: 16 September Fish & Chip Friday for Rooms 8 to 12
- Week 8: Scholastic Bookclub closes today
- Week 9: 20 September - School Photos
- Week 9: 21 September Whanau & Friends meeting 7pm & Skinny Mulligans
- Week 9: 23 September - Switch Gala Day Netball
- Week 10: 28 September - Ngati Whai Festival
- Week 10: 30 September - Yr 7 Inspiration Day
- 30th September: LAST DAY OF TERM 3
Have you moved house?
Changed your phone number?
Changed your email address?
Want to delete or add a new contact?
Is there a new medical condition we need to know about?
Please email Sue at email@example.com to update your details or to check and see what details we have.
CHB College enrolments for 2023 Parents of Year 8 Students
If your child is intending to enrol at CHB College could you please complete the enrolment form online through the CHB College website as soon as possible. The College is currently taking enrolment appointments for next year's Year 9 Students. It is important that enrolments are completed prior to students sitting the Entrance exam which is due to take place on Friday 11th November. (Further information on the entrance exam will be sent out to you nearer the time.). The link is http://www.chbc.school.nz/
STARTING SCHOOL : 4 Year Old Mornings
- We find 4 visits before starting school is usually sufficient. However, if your child requires more we would be in close communication with you.
- Whanau are welcome to stay for the first visit and leave when the child / parent feels comfortable. Subsequent visits we ask that parents be brave and leave so that the child experiences what school is like.
- Please pack a snack for brainfood (fruit, sandwich, muesli bar) and something for morning tea.
- Children can wear mufti clothing or school uniform if they have it available.
Please don't hesitate to pop in and see us if you have any questions or concerns.
Jess Stewart and Karena Finch
Pure Sports & Leisure
Pure Sports & Leisure, Ruataniwha Street, Waipukurau will provide all Waipawa Students with a 10% discount off sports equipment & items. All you need to do is to inform them that you are from Waipawa School. This as an incentive to get more kids outdoors & into sports.
Foodscapes * Passing the Knowledge -
Hawke’s Bay 29 - 30th October 2022
A smorgasbord of workshop tasters to encourage and inspire you to take on a different way of living for yourself, your family and your neighbours.
Central Hawke’s Bay is welcoming an exposition festival, Foodscapes, showcasing amazing experts in the field of sustainable growing and preserving, regenerative farming and biodiversity, that will include a wide variety of workshops demonstrations, short documentaries, and an opportunity to engage in the field hands on.
* Register for the full weekend with up to nine workshops, four keynote speakers, and a tour around six local sustainable gardens and regenerative farms. From garden to plate, delectable food will be available throughout the day.
* Watch, listen and get involved with the experts and talented green fingers as they share their vast knowledge in everything from distilling, pickling, sustainable waste management. On the Sunday, be prepared to get your hands dirty as you tour local regenerative farms, lavender gardens, marae to explore ancient traditions, and more interactive hands-on experience.
For full details on each workshop and garden and farm trail, visit
Ticket type: Full Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, includes access to register for 9 workshops on the Saturday, as well as register for 6 Sundays Exploratory Garden and Farm Trails.
Ticket type: Saturday afternoon only includes access to amazing keynote speakers, short films from Happen Films NZ and opportunity to participate in the Foodscapes Art Mural.
There will also be local producers selling their products as well as food and drink options throughout the day.
Our Facebook Page is https://www.facebook.com/FoodScapesCHB/
Our Instagram Page is https://www.instagram.com/foodscapeschb/