By: Jillian Lambert
- Born in 1972 in Missouri, United States
- Author and former colonist in her hometown newspaper, Kansas City Star
- Genre: Realistic Fiction
- Books she has written and published
- Erma Bombeck Global Humor Award in 2005 and 2006 for her humor column
- Best Book for Young Adults designation in 2009 for Hate List
Events that Impacted Brown's Lifetime
- Trial of O.J. Simpson- 1990's
- The idea of Cloning Sheep-1997
- Presidents George H.W. Bush & Bill Clinton-1990's
- Hurricane Katrina-2005
Exerpt from "Hate List"
"The shooting, which began just as students were preparing for their class, left at least six students dead and countless others wounded. Valerie Leftman, 16, was the last victim shot before Nick Levil, the alleged shooter, reportedly turned the gun on himself."
Jennifer Brown seemed like a interesting author to study because I love reading realistic fiction (novels) with lots of drama incorporated into it and the books I chose live up to those standards. I really want to be pulled into the characters shoes so I understand what he/she going through.
"Jennifer Brown." Contemporary Authors Online. Detroit: Gale, 2012. Biography in Context. Web. 13 Sept. 2016.
"Jennifer Brown." Contemporary Authors Online. Detroit: Gale, 2012. Literature Resource Center. Web. 13 Sept. 2016.
"The 1990s: Introduction." SIRS Decades [ProQuest]. SIRS Knowledge Source, 2016. Web. 13 Sept. 2016.