Enrich, Extend, Excite!
April/May 2021 ELP Newsletter
Important Spring ELP Information
Here are some things that are going on:
1) Second grade screening just concluded and parents should be getting notified of whether your child qualifies to take the full battery of the CogAT. This will be coming up between May 3rd-May 21st. You will be contacted by your child's home school ELP teacher to schedule a time to go into the school to take this. The only option is to take it in-person. If you do not want this, you can opt to have your child take the full battery next spring.
2) 3rd-5th grade students who were nominated by their teacher or parents to take the full battery of the CogAt are beginning to take these next week, April 26th - May 21st. Mann students will follow this schedule (if your child qualified, you have been contacted):
4th/5th Grade OLP Students:
Monday, April 26th and Tuesday, April 27th from 12:30-2:00 PM
4th/5th Grade Onsite Students:
Tuesday, May 4th 8:00-9:30 AM and Wednesday, May 5th 9:00-10:30 AM
3rd Grade OLP Students:
Thursday, May 13th 9:00-10:30 AM and Friday, May 14th 8:00-9:30 AM
Please, remember, your child will need to:
* wear a mask at all times when in the building
* bring their school-issued Chromebook and headphones (if they have them)
* bring a water bottle (the fountains are turned off)
* bring a book to read in between tests (if they choose to)
If you have any questions, you can contact Diane Bradford, Mann's ELP teacher at email@example.com
What is Happening in ELP?
3rd Grade ELP- Imagineering in a Box!
* writing a story for their land
* coming up with a theme for their land
* designing the layout for their land
* designing buildings for their land
* thinking about and designing the landscape and plant life for their land
* creating a collage of material references for the surfaces in their land
Students' imaginations have come alive and I am excited to see what they come up with as we explore sound development, graphics, taste & smell, and get into attraction design.