Stand against stereotypes
Facts about stereotypes
- Researchers have found that stereotypes exist of different races, cultures or ethnic groups.
- The most famous study of racial stereotyping was published by katz and Bralyin 1933 when they reported the results of a questionnaire completed by students at Princeton University in the USA.
- stereotypes can have an impact on young and old people all over the world.
- Being stereotipical is bulling and can hurt people.
- a lot of stereotypes come from the media
Stop the stereotyping
- It starts with you, you can choose to not follow the crowd and stop assuming things about people. Dont juge people on what other people say about them.
- Dont always beleive what the media says they are one of the main sourses of how people start to stereotype.
- Dont let people tell you about people and putting them into catergories which effects our jugment on innocent people.
Why its important to not stereotype
Nobody in school or out of school should stereotype people. Its not right and can cause a lot of problems. Its like bulling, kids get hurt by what other people say or how they assume things about them. Putting people into groups just because they think they are diffrent and belong in a certain group.
What happens when people stereotype
When stereotypeing is abused and people make people feel bad about themselves and put them into groups they feel bad about themselves. They start to believe that what you say about them is true. That can lead to more serious problems.