May 2, 2016
Happy Birthday Debbie M. (5/4), Laurie (5/4), & Justine (5/8)!
Good Morning, Wilson Team,
On another note, I want to reiterate how much forethought went into determining assignments for next year. I also wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the conversations that took place prior. Although I was unable to place everyone in their ideal assignment, please know that every decision I made was done through the lens of "what is BEST for kids".
I am looking forward to our work ahead as we grow as grade level teams and work together to do what is best for kids!
I BELIEVE that 2016-2017 will be an AWESOME year for our TEAM and hope that you will join me in this optimism!
Important Reminders for the Week:
- CAASPP Testing Begins this week (5/1-5/13)
- Recesses will take place at 10:40-11:00. The Leadership Team decided that we will all have recess together. Let's give it a try!
- No AM intervention classes, (5/1-5/13)
- CAASPP Stretching with Mrs. Denman, Tuesday-Friday @ 8:35 AM in the field
- Bucket Fillers Due by Friday @ 9:45 AM
- Special Olympics, Friday, 5/6
- Jog-a-Thon Money Due, Friday, 5/6
CAASPP Testing Reminders
- All anchor charts, word walls, sentence stems/starters, math charts, etc MUST be covered!
- SSID Cards are secured items. Please collect, count, and store daily!
- Hang both testing signs (whiteboard & outside of door) & remove when done testing
- No late students will be permitted to class. They will wait in room 17
- No cell phones may be used during testing!
- Please call the office for any testing questions/concerns & Diana, Craig, or I will help
- Recess for all grades = 10:40-11:00
What Does it Mean to Teach Like a Pirate?
P=Passion (Rediscover your professional/content passion!)
I=Immerse (Immerse yourself in the lesson)
R=Rapport (Build rapport/relationships with your students)
A=Ask/Analyze (What could I do to make this lesson better? Reflect!)
T=Transformation (Transform your teaching! Push yourself out of your comfort zone!
E=Enthusiasm (Your demeanor will influence your students! Would you want to be a student in your class?)
Way to go, Carrie! Your "Sphero Guru" was so excited to share his Google Slides presentation with me! Your passion for learning is contagious!
Kudos, Whitney! Your students were so immersed in your Google Slides lesson and eager to share their new learning!
Woot! Woot! Melinda, taking the time to figure out how to scaffold instruction and behavior expectations for your students is incredible!
Way to go, Deidra! Taking your report writing to the next level by adding presidential photos!
Kudos, Laurie! introducing blogging to your students and putting them in charge of their learning!
Woot! Woot! Traci, your enthusiasm and school spirit brought many smiles to the faces of our families and students during the jog-a-thon!
"Teamwork Makes the Dream Work" in Action Around Wilson!
Diana & Alice
Our Tech Ninjas are learning and growing because of you!
Lindsey & Alice
What do you do when a colleague figures out how to use the 3D printer? Run over, celebrate, ask questions, of course!
Jen and Amber
Thank you for another successful Jog-a-Thon!