March 2, 2023
DAVID ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
5301 Shadowbend Pl.
The Woodlands, TX 77381
- 10:00 am - PTO Meeting
- 2nd Grade Field Trip
- 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm - 1st Grade Music Program
- David's Dream Run Registration Opens (Online at Membership Toolkit)
- 8:30 am - Kindergarten Parent Involvement
- Spring Break
- Student Holiday
- Sign Ups for 1st Grade Field Trip Chaperone Lottery Opens
- Dream Run Sponsorships Due
- Spirit Day at Crumbl Cookies (The Woodlands location only)
- Sign Ups for 3rd Grade Field Trip Chaperone Lottery Opens
- Last Day to Sign Up for 1st Grade Field Trip Chaperone Lottery
- Sign Ups for Kindergarten Field Trip Chaperone Lottery Opens
- 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm - Spring Fest - "Splash to the Past"
SPRING FEST - "SPLASH TO THE PAST" - MARCH 31st!!!
Additional details will be coming soon regarding ways you can volunteer, online auction instructions, kids' raffle information, and donation needs. We hope to see everyone there!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR D.I. TEAMS!
CROSSING GUARD APPRECIATION DAY - MARCH 3rd
1st GRADE MUSIC PROGRAM - MARCH 9TH
KINDERGARTEN PARENT INVOLVEMENT DAY - MARCH 10th
Parent Involvement Check-In/Check-Out Procedures
- A Google form will be emailed to parents soon. Please complete this form with the name(s) of who will be attending.
- Please bring your ID with you.
- We will have check-in tables on our front porch.
- Please look for the sign with your child's teacher's name on it and sign in at that table.
- Each teacher will have a sign out sheet in the classroom for those parents who wish to take their child home after Parent Involvement.
DAVID'S DREAM RUN - SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH
DAVID’S DREAM RUN - Save the date! David’s Dream Run will be held on Saturday, April 29th, at Woodforest Bank Stadium. This event is held to honor David Vetter’s dream to “run barefoot in the grass.” All proceeds from the one mile and 5K run/walk are donated to the David Center at Texas Children’s Hospital. Mark your calendar now and plan to support this special event! Registration opens on Friday, March 10th, on Membership Toolkit.
DAVID’S DREAM RUN SPONSORSHIP - Would you like to have your business or family name on the back of the David‘s Dream Run t-shirt? Several sponsorship levels are available and must be submitted by March 23rd. Depending on the level you choose, you will receive a designated number of race registrations, t-shirts, and business advertisement. Please see the attached flyers for more information. https://david.conroeisd.net/department/get-involved/davids-dream-run/
UPCOMING FIELD TRIPS
FIRST GRADE FIELD TRIP - APRIL 6th
THIRD GRADE FIELD TRIP - APRIL 12th
KINDERGARTEN FIELD TRIP - APRIL 14th
Springtime temperatures and humidity have arrived in a rush! Children play outside daily at school, weather permitting.
Hydration can be a challenge when the seasons change, as thirst takes a while to catch up. We are seeing an increase in afternoon headaches and stomachaches. Please be sure your child has water to drink during the school day. They can refill at our no-touch bottle filling stations in the gym, in the K-1-2 hall and at the 4th grade restrooms.
Don’t forget to dress in layers, too—a 50 degree morning can turn into an 80 degree recess. We suggest you label all jackets and sweaters, just in case they get left behind at recess or PE.
Another reminder about medications. Please do not send medication to school with your child. Stop by the clinic at your convenience to check-in medication and complete a parent permission form. You are welcome to call/email in advance so we can prepare the form and minimize your wait. No medication can be administered at school without a signed medication permission form. Medications at School – Conroe ISD
LUNCH SIGN UP
A link is listed below for parents to sign up to have lunch with his/her child. We are only allowing one parent, per child for each two week period. Due to limited space, we will only be able to allow one parent per day, per student, for a total of 8 per grade level.
Just a few reminders:
- One parent, per child during each sign up period
- Parents, please bring your own lunch -- Your child can still purchase from the cafeteria
- You may bring an outside lunch for your child, but just remind him/her not to order from the cafeteria
- Bring your driver's license for check-in
- Please check out at the front desk when you leave
Please use the Sign-Up Genius Link below.
DAVID PTO NEWS
SPIRIT DAY AT CRUMBL COOKIES - MARCH 24th
- Yearbooks are on sale for $55 and can be purchased on the Josten's website: www.jostens.com.
- If you have photos to submit for the yearbook, you can do so by clicking the button below.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our PTO Yearbook staff at DavidPTOYearbook@gmail.com
There are several ways your family can support David Elementary. Participating in the programs below takes very little time and effort, but makes a real difference for our school. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
- Box Tops for Education
- Kroger's Community Rewards
- Amazon Smile
- 1 to 1 Printers
If you have any questions, please contact our PTO President, Emma Mitchell, at DavidPTOPresident@gmail.com.
FEEDER SCHOOL UPDATES
GINGHAM GIRLS DANCE CLINIC - MARCH 25th
LOST AND FOUND
STUDENT BIRTHDAY TREATS
In a continued effort to ensure the health and safety of our students, all birthday treats must be commercially prepared and the ingredients must be listed on the package. Please remember that no peanut/nut products are allowed in the classroom. We also kindly ask that treats brought to the school are individual servings.
Please check in with your child’s teacher a day or two in advance regarding scheduling and restrictions. Suggested commercially prepared treat options (must have the ingredients listed on the package) include individual servings such as cookies or Rice Krispie treats, or you may consider non-food items such as stickers, book marks, pencils, etc... We are requesting that you not bring drinks, goodie bags, candy, balloons, or flowers.
If you choose to bring a treat, we ask that you bring the items to the front office and a staff member will deliver them to the classroom.
If you have any questions concerning this matter, please contact your child’s teacher or the front office at 281-298-4700. Thank you for your cooperation in helping us continue to provide the very best for our David children.
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7752.