Dates to Remember
5/16 - School Assembly - 4th grade performance @ 1:30 pm
5/16 - at 7:00 p.m. in KHES Cafeteria-Bucket Drummers, Honor Choir, and 4th grade Recorder Concert
5/17 - 4th graders visit BCI @ 9:00
5/17 - CEIC Meeting @ 3:30
5/18 - School assembly - Bucket Drummers @ 9:00
5/18 - Marilyn Dennehey book workshop
- 1st grade 10:15-11:00
- 3rd grade 11:15-12:00
- 2nd grade 12:15-1:00
5/19 - All Pro-Dads @ 7:00 am
5/19 - 4th grade @ Play Day - Keller HS
5/19 - Kindergarten Field Trip - Omni Theater
5/19 - Choir & Bucket Drummers perform at the KISD Art show and reception at Keller Town Hall @ 4:45
5/20 - Magic Show @ 8:30 am
5/20 - Critterman presentation @ 5:45 pm
5/23 - 5/26 - Talent Show
5/23 - 5/27 - Student Appreciation week
5/25 - Keller PD "Special Olympics" Torch Run (SEE BELOW)
5/26 - 4th grade Fine Arts Field trip - Amon Carter Museum
5/27 - KHES Field Day
5/30 - Memorial Day Holiday/No School
5/31 - Keller Public Library Summer Reading program during library time
5/31 - Character Assemblies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd grades @ 8:15 (Kinder & 4th grade character awards will take place during their graduation ceremonies)
5/31 - End of Year STAFF CELEBRATION @ D'Lene's home 3:30 pm till...
6/1 - Kindergarten graduation @ 8:30 am
6/2 - 4th grade graduation @ 8:00 am
6/2 - Early Release Day/Last Day of School
6/3 - Teacher Work Day
COWBOY HEART @ WORK RECOGNITIONS
- Thank you to the fabulous 2nd grade team! I will always appreciate the kindness you showed me and all the help you provided. You are amazing women and I will miss you next year.
- I appreciate how well prepared Tamara is with her classes! Her activities keep the students engaged yet they are learning about the wonderful world of music. I'm also grateful to her for her encouragement and kindness. It has meant a lot to me.
"Class Placement" Meeting
We will not be having a formal Faculty Meeting on Thursday, May 19th. You and your team will be able to work with one another on your class placement forms in a location of your own choosing. Please remember - ALL members of your team should have equal say when inviting kids to their rooms for next year. It is never fair for one team member to walk away feeling like they have not been heard. Teachers, specialists, co-curr or other personnel should reach out to one another to schedule time to talk about the list recommendations. If you haven’t heard from the group you want to meet with, kindly reach out to them. The end of the year is a very busy time for everyone.
Teal Leaders: Please be sure you have saved the electronic spreadsheet that was sent to you on 4/19 to your desktop. You are welcome to print it off and write in the names of students however your final copy of this spreadsheet will need to be filled out electronically and emailed to me, Jane and Stephen no later than Thursday, June 2nd
The instructions for filling out this spreadsheet is on the first tab of the spreadsheet that was emailed to Team Leads and is also provided below. Please be sure and review the directions for the spreadsheet. Once you and your team have completed the Class Placement forms (pink, blue, & yellow) and this spreadsheet, please separate & attach the pink, blue, & yellow forms and label each designated class. If you printed off the spreadsheet, you can attach that to the Class Placement forms.
Please enter the student’s LAST name and FIRST name in the appropriate columns. In order to keep track of total counts, I need you to place a 1 (number one) in the appropriate column to the right of the student name.
- T Req - check only if this is a student that the grade level teacher is requesting to be in their classroom because of a positive history with the family. Please remember, checking this does not guarantee placement once lists are finalized.
- GT students - must have a minimum of 5 GT students in a classroom & no more than 50 %. of the total. If the minimum cannot be met, we must include those students in one class. The teacher must have GT updates.
- ESL students - the homeroom teacher must be ESL certified.
- SpEd and/or Speech - Please do NOT mark students who have not been formally tested. Only mark those students who are currently being served.
- Behavior - check only if this is a student who is Tier 2 or Tier 3 for behavior.
- High, Avg, and Low Need for Support - check appropriate column indicating level of ACADEMIC need
- Parent - check to indicate a parent who is highly supportive
Our staff balance at this time is the lowest it has ever been! The balance right now is only $47.00 for those that have charged this year. Thank you in advance for all of your help. :) Just a friendly reminder to please be sure and clear your balance in the cafeteria before the end of the month. Any balances at the end of the school year must be paid with Sunshine funds. If you have a question about your balance, please visit with Mary in the cafeteria.
Remind - Important information
Community Storehouse - Quest program
We are collecting books for the QUEST reading program that the Community Storehouse puts on every year. It is a program where kids, struggling with reading, come to Westlake Academy to develop their reading skills more fully with professional instructors as well as volunteers. Each day, the kids will get to take home one book of their choice, so the Community Storehouse Junior Board created this book drive to gather a wide variety of books to help spark an interest in kids struggling with reading.
A member of the junior board will collect the boxes on May 27 after school. They will also come to the school every couple weeks to empty the boxes to ensure that they do not overflow. The boxes are located just inside the entrance in the lobby.
District News & Events
T-TESS Survey from T.E.A.
Dear T-TESS Teachers,
Thank you for your willingness to participate in this survey and share your perspective on the T-TESS process.
The purpose of the survey is to gather current practitioner feedback about the T-TESS implementation process to better inform available training and support. All input, positive or negative, is extremely valuable, so we thank you in advance for taking time to contribute to this important work.
This survey should take just a few minutes to complete and will remain available until Friday, May 27, 2016. The survey’s usefulness depends on your candor. Individual responses are strictly confidential and will only be reported in the aggregate. Since the survey responses are not individually identifiable, it is not possible to pause and return to the survey once you’ve begun, so please allow approximately 10 minutes to complete the survey.
This survey was developed by the Texas Comprehensive Center (TXCC) in conjunction with the Texas Education Agency. For technical questions or issues, please contact Ms. Rita Ghazal at TXCC at (512) 391-6543 or email@example.com. For any other survey-related questions, please contact Ms. Linda Johnson at TEA at (512) 463-2395 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support.
Texas Education Agency
Educator Leadership and Quality
Keller Harvel Elementary - KISD
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Text @khes to the number 81010
This account will be closed at the end of the year. You do not have to do anything.
PTA Magic to Host 2 Special Events
- 8:30 am - All teachers and students will join us in the cafeteria for a MAGIC SHOW
- 5:45 pm - All families and staff are invited to the last Family Fun Night of the year. We will have CRITTERMAN coming! There will be free pizza and lots of exotic animals to see.
Student Appreciation Week is May 23 - 27
Monday – Mindcraft Monday/Board Games
- Students are welcome to BYOT (bring your own technology) OR they can bring their favorite board game. They will have about an hour during the school day to play age appropriate games.
Tuesday – Free Ice Cream
Wednesday – Nerd Day/Pop Corn at recess
Thursday – Crazy Hair Day
Friday – Field Day, Rita’s, Obstacle Course