Welcome to the BHS Express
A newsletter keeping you informed about Batavia High School
April 28, 2023
Andrea Conner, BHS Principal
Hello Bulldog Families.
This final week in April saw BHS students wrapping up the End of Course Assessments, donating blood in the NHS Blood Drive, and attending BPA National Competition! We have some busy kids!
With the final three weeks of school approaching, we have students taking AP tests, attending various award ceremonies, participating in the district art show as well as band and choir concerts, competing in athletic events, all while trying to finish the year strong. Please help support your teen through the next few weeks. Many of them will feel a little stressed.
As spring fever continues to push its way into BHS, please help remind your student about appropriate school clothing. We try not to make the dress code a “big issue”, so help us by monitoring your students before they come to school. We greatly appreciate your support with this one!
We hope you have a wonderful weekend!
In service to our Bulldogs.
Andrea Conner, High School Principal
Student(s) Shout Out
BHS Sophomores and Juniors Tapped into The National Honor Society
Thirty-Nine Students Tapped for Induction
Thursday, several sophomore and junior students were “tapped” into the Batavia High School National Honor Society. These students will be inducted into the chapter on Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. Congratulations everyone! You should be proud of all of your hard work.
BHS National Honor Society Hosts Blood Drive
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING
Please share this link with anyone who may wish to watch the BHS May, 18, 2023 Graduation Ceremony via Youtube Livestream. This is a wonderful option for family members who may not be able to attend in person. BHS May 18, 2023 Graduation Streaming Link
As we begin to think about summer, take some time to review the Summer Resource List. This document contains some helpful information for all of our Batavia families. Summer Resource List
Check out this opportunity for students who may want to learn more about STEM, Computer Science, Design Thinking and Innovation. Thank you to Tata Consultancy Services, Ltd. Internet of Things Summer Camp
If you have not yet ordered your 2022-2023 BHS Yearbook, click on this link to order online. Yearbooks will be delivered in the fall of 2023. 2022-2023 BHS Yearbook Order
UPCOMING IMPORTANT UPDATES
- May 1, 2023: AP Tests: AP Chemistry, AP Government, AP Spanish Literature
- May 2, 2023: AP Tests: AP Psychology, AP Environmental Science
- May 2, 2023: District Art Show at BHS, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- May 2, 2023: High School Band Concert at BHS, 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- May 3, 2023: AP Test: AP English Literature
- May 4, 2023: NHS Induction Ceremony, 5:30 p.m.
- May 5, 2023: AP Test: AP US History
- May 8, 2023: AP Tests: AP Calculus, AP Computer Science Principles
- May 9, 2023: AP Test: AP English Language
- May 9, 2023: Spring Choir Concert, 7:00 p.m. at Batavia Elementary School
- May 10, 2023: AP Tests: AP Biology, AP Spanish Language
- May 11, 2023: AP Tests: AP Physics, AP World History
- May 11, 2023: Senior Awards Night 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. (Students/families receive invitation)
- May 12, 2023: Seniors’ Last Day of Classes
- May 13, 2023: Batavia Alumni Association Dinner: 6:30 p.m. at BES
- May 18, 2023: Graduation at Truist Arena, 7:00 p.m.
- May 19, 2023: All students’ last day of school
INFORMATION FROM THE BHS GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
Check out the Batavia High School Guidance Counselor website.
Your Guidance Counselors are:
9th - 12th Grade Counselor A-L
(513) 732-2341 ext: 7037
(513) 732-2341 ext: 7036
- SENIOR PARENTS: Please remind your future graduate to check their Batavia school email and ensure they complete the SENIOR PLANS form by May 1. The information in this form will be used in the graduation program, will let us know where to send final transcripts, and is now required information for us to collect. Thank you for helping us to collect this important information!
- Managing the Teen years can be overwhelming!
- Child Mind Institute has some really great youtube videos that discuss hot topics like Emotions/Feelings, Self Injury, Anxiety, Social Media and more! Check it out!
BATAVIA HIGH SCHOOL OFFICE CONTACTS
513-732-2341, ext. 7051
Matt Buis, Assistant Principal
513-732-2341, ext. 7052
Melissa Anstaett, Administrative Assistant
513-732-2341, ext. 7055
Edie Strine, Administrative Assistant
513-732-2341, ext. 7054
If your student is absent, call
513-732-2341 and leave a message on the attendance line