402 East 8th Street, Ferdinand, IN 47532
Congratulations to our Destination Imagination students who placed first in the elementary division at state!
Breakfast with Buddies is Back!!
FES Summer Camp 2022
Monday, June 6
Thursday, June 9
Tuesday, June 14
Thursday, June 16
Tuesday, June 21
Thursday, June 23
Tuesday, June 28
Thursday, June 30
Time: Drop off no earlier than 7:45 am. Pick up at 2:45 pm. (Aftercare options available through the YMCA, if needed)
Cost: $25 (This one-time $25 fee will be the only cost associated and will cover all 8 sessions of summer camp.) Payment can be made between now and May 25th to reserve your spot. Please make checks payable to Ferdinand Elementary and note "Summer Camp" on the memo line.
Our summer program is a great way for your child to stay connected to school, academics, and friends in a fun, safe and active setting. Students will receive instruction in reading, math, STEM, and physical education through hands-on/active learning.
We are once again partnering with the Ferdinand Branch Library and YMCA to enhance the summer camp experience through walking field trips to the YMCA to see the summer presentations sponsored by the library. We are also in the process of planning additional field trip opportunities for camp participants.
This program is open to all of our current kindergarten through third grade students. We do, however, have a limit of 25 students per class, so sign up early to reserve a spot for your child! If you register, we request a commitment of attendance for all 8 days, if possible. If a grade level is full, you will be notified as soon as possible. Otherwise, plan for your child to attend if you register him/her.
In an effort to maximum summer camp opportunities for our students, we are happy to work with Christ the King and the YMCA. Therefore, if your child plans to attend Vacation Bible School at Christ the King the week of June 13th, he/she can walk to FES Summer Camp and join in our program for the remainder of the day. If your child plans to attend the YMCA Summer Day Camp, transportation will once again be provided to and from FES by the YMCA. The YMCA also offers an after care program on camp days if you are unable to pick-up kids at 2:45. (Additional fees will apply.)
Please click HERE to register!
Family Wellness Night
Upgrade Family Challenge March Winners
American Legion Auxiliary Color Contest Winners
- Walk to School Day - April 13
- Professor Steve Assembly - April 14
- No School - April 15 and April 18
- Breakfast w/ Buddies - April 19 (Last Names A-L) & April 21(Last Names M-Z)
- ILEARN Testing - Begins the week of April 25
- Family Wellness Event - April 29 (Rain Date May 6)
- 2nd Grade Field Trip - May 6
- 1st Grade Field Trip - May 9
- Grandparents Day - May 10 (Rain Date May 13)
- 3rd Grade Field Trip - May 11
- 4th Grade Ag Day - May 17
- Multicat Class Field Trip - May 18
- 4th Grade Field Trip - May 19
- Kindergarten Field Trip - May 20
- FES Track Meet - May 23 (Rain Date May 24)
- Talent Show - May 24
- Last Day of School - May 25