AMMS Lions Roar
"Recognize the Roar"
August 23, 2021
Welcome Back To School!
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Dr. Mimi Gamel, 7th Grade Assistant Principal
Ms. Laurie Chans, 6th Grade Assistant Principal
Curriculum Night Information:
- Put Curriculum Night on your calendar and plan to join us. Sixth grade Curriculum Night is August 31st at 6:00 p.m. Curriculum Night for seventh grade is September 1st at 6:00 p.m. Curriculum Night for eighth grade is September 2nd at 6:00 p.m. (More details to come)
- If you drive your child to school in the morning, please drop your child off in the carpool lane.
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Meet 7th Grade Math Teacher, Dalton Daniels.
Welcome them to the AMMS family!
Meet Media Center Specialist, Abbey Ansley.
Meet 7th Grade Math Teacher, Dalton Daniels.
- I have taught math for 4 years and science for one year.
- I am recently married and just moved here from Carrollton, Georgia.
- I have coached both wrestling and soccer and really enjoy the outdoors, especially fishing. I also enjoy working out and running long distances.
- A fun fact about me is that I have ran a marathon before and currently training for my next one.
A Letter from PTA
Hello AMMS Families,
Thank you all for your support and willingness to help out the PTA!
The Board has been working hard all summer to make sure we were prepared this year to support the students, school and our community.
- We have had an amazing response from parents that are interested in volunteering! Here are a few current opportunities:
- We still have an open VP position of Finance. Under VP Finance are the following Chair positions, Membership, Spiritwear, School Store and Business Sponsorship.
- Our School Store is open, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Currently all volunteer slots are filled for this semester, but please reach out to us if you are interested in helping, we can always use the extra help!
-We are also looking for someone who loves taking pictures to help our VP Communication to post pictures on our social media during school events and socials.
-There will be future volunteer opportunities and other committees that we will let you all know about.
-Membership and Spiritwear will be available through August and will close after Curriculum Nights. Please login to Membership Toolkit if you haven’t and update your student and family information.
-We will be launching our new website very soon! Please be on the lookout for it, it will have all the information you will need for the PTA!
-We are looking for business sponsors. If you own a business and are interested, please let us know. We want to support our community!
Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
With Warmest Regards,
Jennifer & Wendy
Media Center Grand Opening...
The Media Center will be open for student use and book checkout on Monday, August 23!
Be sure to get a morning pass from the Front Rotunda Desk, or ask your homeroom teacher to let you pick up a lunch pass from the circulation desk during homeroom time.
We can't wait to see you!
Front Office Tidbit:
Well, we sure do.. Students are welcome to come to the office at anytime and fill out the Student Telephone Log and call home. NOTE: Student may not use the front office phone if they are sick. They will be directed to check in with the clinic and use the clinic phone.
School Clubs and activity information will be available at the beginning of September! Stay Tuned!
Do you like Tennis, Volleyball or Tumbling? If so, then check out our extramural activities.
Are you interested in Theater? If so, check out our up and coming performance.
The show is by audition and will have afterschool rehearsals starting in September. The show will take place at JCHS Nov. 5. Preview matinee November 6th, matinee and evening. Crew positions are determined by application and interview.
There will be a Parent Info Teams Meeting on Tuesday August 24 at 7pm. Teams meeting code is (rbj3b4h). Please have your students log into Teams. Information about the musical will be presented during the meeting and parent can ask questions in the chat.
Student Info and Q and A will be held on Teams on Wednesday, August 25.
The Marketing Club
DECA is a Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.
Please join us for our first general membership information meeting to learn about DECA and becoming a member.
Wednesday, August 25th at 8:00am
Pick up is in the café/gym at 8:00 and the meeting starts at 8:05am
Please contact Dr. Yasuda with any questions: email@example.com
Is your student a future Gladiator? Do you love Chick-fil-A? If so, then you don't want to miss this.
The bus is the best way for students to travel to and from school.
- If you must pick your child up, please be patient in the long line or arrive at 4:25PM to have a shorter line.
- Another option is to park in the parking lot closest to the entrance of The Falls of Autry Mill. We will have a staff member crossing students to that parking lot.
- Please do not use the parking lot where buses load. You will not be able to leave until after 4:30PM when all buses have left.
- Students are not allowed to walk to the parking lot near the car pool area. Parents must use the crosswalk and walk across to our loading curb and return with any students. This is the least favorite option. Remember: The bus is BEST!
- We will have plenty of staff on hand to help. Thanks in advance for your patience during the first two weeks of school.
J.E. Trey Martin, Principal
Autrey Mill MS
Map of Dismissal:
Student Checkout Procedures
In an effort to avoid interrupting instructional time with the intercom, students need to bring a note designating the time that they should meet you in the front office. Notes should be brought to the front office in the morning for authorization. The signed note will allow your child to leave class at the designated time and meet you in the front office. If students do not have a note we will not call them to the office until parents are at the school to sign them out (for example, we cannot call them out of class when you call from your car). For this reason, you may experience delays if your child does not have a note giving prior notification of early dismissal.
Your cooperation with our check in/out procedure will help keep classroom interruptions to a minimum and will get you on your way in a timely manner.
Please remind your children of this procedure! Thank you!
FCS COVID 19 Reporting Procedures
FCS COVID 19 Reporting
Due to the ever-changing nature of this pandemic, the district will continue to monitor COVID data and recommendations, consult with public health officials, and make additional adjustments as necessary. If your child is sick, please keep them home. Families are still required to report a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, a pending COVID-19 test result (regardless of the reason for testing), and a direct contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive. FCS student/parents must use the Parent Reporting Portal to make the COVID-19 report.