Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #7
September 18, 2020
We Want to Hear From You, Freeman Families!
We've put together a short overview of building curriculum information for the first semester here: http://bit.ly/FreemanCurriculumInfo
- Monday-Friday: Food Distribution @ Freeman 10:00am-1:00pm
- Tuesday, September 22nd: LMC Book Up 11:30am-12:30pm AND 1:30pm-2:30pm
- Wednesday, September 23rd: LMC Book Up 11:30am-12:30pm AND 1:30pm-2:30pm
- Friday, September 25th: Non-attendance day for students
- Wednesday, September 30th: Material Pick Up Day 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Thursday, October 1st: Material Pick Up Day 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Monday, October 5th: Parent Teacher Conferences 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Wednesday, October 7th: Parent Teacher Conferences 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Friday, October 9th: Parent Teacher Conferences 12:00pm-2:20pm
- Monday, October 12th: No School
- Tuesday, October 13th: No School/ Teacher Institute/ Material Pick Up Day
Parent Teacher Conferences are Coming!
LMC Book Check Out Pick Up Dates
Book Check Out Pick Up is Coming!!!!
Tuesday 9/22 and Thursday 9/24 during lunch from 11:30am – 12:30pm
and at the end of the day from 1:30pm – 2:30pm.
Book requests must be submitted prior to 8:30am on Tuesday 9/22 to be guaranteed available pick up for that day. Otherwise, books will be ready on Thursday 9/24.
Just a reminder on how the check out process works:
Kinder-2nd grade students:
Students will fill out a book choice menu sent out through Seesaw
This menu will be updated every 2 weeks to offer a variety of topics, genres, and favorite authors. Select how many books can be read in a 2 week period.
If you want a particular book title, please send those requests to Mrs. Boyle via Seesaw.
3rd – 5th grade students:
Students will receive an assignment through Seesaw with step-by-step directions to log in, search for, and put a book on hold using Destiny Discover (access using school website). Students can place a hold on as many books as they will read in a 2 week period. The video is linked here as well. https://www.loom.com/share/abd84b30343a4245b0e55cfb459269d3
Procedures for returning LMC Books:
- Students may bring back their LMC books when you come to pick up new LMC books during the indicated pick up times or the books can be dropped off at Freeman School at the main entrance (door #1) on Randall Road between 8:00am and 3:00pm.
- How to clear cache/cookies on an iPad: https://youtu.be/cvVX5u4ljO8
- How clear cache/cookies on a Chromebook: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_Xa7g6X7PeDdxJdTcO6nX8-vEZlLgNF/view?usp=sharing
- How to log into Seesaw with Google: https://youtu.be/hBqL5xrOPoA
Mustang Mindset: Safety
This past week we discussed safety in the classroom and during our morning announcements. As students are engaged in remote learning, we still want to focus on personal and at home safety as we still very much care about everyone's safety.
We discussed fire safety, wearing masks, washing hands, and identifying your emotions when you and others feel safe.