Hearst Weekly Update
January 1, 2020
Good evening, Owls, and Happy New Year!
I hope everyone has enjoyed the break and has been able to rebuild your strength, regain your balance, revive your energy, refresh your minds, and rekindle your souls. I'm excited to see everyone tomorrow and am looking forward to a great start to 2020 together.
What I'm reading this week: Last Card to Elysian Fields by James Lee Burke (thanks to the Owl that put this book in the Hearst lending library!)
News and Announcements from Hearst
Upcoming Key Dates
- 1/3 - Community Meeting, Gym, 9:00-9:15
- 1/8 - PTA Executive Board Meeting
- 1/10 - Open House
- 1/15 - PTA Meeting, 6:00-7:30
- 1/17 - Parent Teacher Conference Day - no school for students
- 1/20 - MLK Holiday - no school
- 1/22 - LSAT Meeting, 4:30-5:30
- 1/27 - Term 2 Ends, Half Day PD, Half Day Record Keeping - no school for students
- 1/28 - DCPS PD Day - no school for students
Please check the Bloomz calendar for other important dates.
News and Announcements from DCPS
Reminder: Provide Feedback on DCPS Calendar
News and Announcements from Other Organizations
Announcement: New DME Edsight about public school lottery waitlists
The Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education (DME) released a new Edsight that describes how My School DC lottery applicants can enroll in a school based on lottery results and the rates at which they do so. Almost half of all students in SY2018-19 declined their initial matches and waitlist offers to enroll.
Check out the latest Edsight here.
If someone you know would like to receive future Edsight briefs, please email us to be added to the distribution list email@example.com.