St. Michael Preschool News
Growing with God... September 3, 2021
Dear St. Michael Preschool Families,
The 2021-2022 school year is off to a great start! Thank you for entrusting your children to our loving care and for your support in making the first week of school such a positive experience for them. Our dedicated teachers are committed to providing a safe, fun, and faith-filled year where we pray, play, and learn together while growing with God.
We are enjoying getting to know our preschoolers! We love seeing their excitement while they play and learn. Please refer to the teachers' daily Realm Newsfeed communications and encourage your child to share a favorite part of their day or tell you about a new friend they made. We can’t wait for more fun adventures ahead as we continue to partner with you to create a strong home-school connection.
It is essential, particularly with sudden illness, a suspected case of the COVID-19, or another emergency, that the preschool office be able to reach you during the school day. Please make sure you keep your contact information as well as your emergency contacts up to date. Failure to be able to get in contact with you may result in dismissal from the program. Please take a moment to Log Into Realm and confirm your phone numbers and emergency contacts are up to date. Once logged in, click on the profile link in the upper right-hand corner. Note: emergency contacts are listed in your child's profile.
We truly appreciate your patience and understanding this week as we worked to make for the safest and most efficient arrival and dismissal procedures. And, we sincerely thank you for all your very thoughtful and generous donations on the teachers' Wish Lists. I hope you enjoy a safe holiday weekend. It’s always a blessing to have time to slow down and celebrate the love of family. Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
Joyfully in Christ,
Our St. Michael Clergy are such a Special Part of Our Preschool!
Thank you, Fr. Noe, for coming to play with us!
Roo Reminder: 11:00 Dismissal Next Week
IMPORTANT UPDATES & REMINDERS
LET'S WORK TOGETHER TO KEEP OUR COMMUNITY HEALTHY!
COVID-19 ILLNESS POLICY - Please stay home if you, your child, or anyone in your house:
- is experiencing COVID-like symptoms: fever, chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, new cough, or new loss of taste or smell
- have tested positive for COVID-19, awaiting COVID-19 test results, or experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms
- have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID in the last 14 days, is awaiting COVID-19 test results, or is in quarantine for possible exposure
In answering the health screening questions each morning, parents are affirming the health of their child and recognize that if there is any doubt, they should keep their child home, for the benefit of all. Failure to comply with any of these policies may result in dismissal from our program.
*PLEASE NOTE: A child can return to preschool if they receive confirmation of an alternate diagnosis from a health care provider (doctor’s note is required), that would explain the COVID-19 like symptom(s), once there is no fever without fever-reducing medicines and they have felt well for 24 hours.
Children who experience allergies or cough due to asthma will need to obtain a note from the pediatrician explaining the alternate diagnosis for these symptoms.
Out of an abundance of caution, a child with an unexplained runny nose, congestion, cough, or signs of illness will be sent home from school and may not return to school until symptoms are gone or an alternate diagnosis has been provided by a healthcare provider.
Thank you in advance for monitoring your child's health daily and for your understanding as we work to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our preschoolers, teachers, and staff.
Illness Policy for Non-Covid Related Symptoms
To protect the health and well-being of all the children, please keep your child home if any of the following conditions exist:
- Frequent sneezing.
- A runny nose requiring constant wiping or accompanied by green drainage.
- Vomiting or diarrhea. Children should be kept home for 24 hours after vomiting and/or loose bowel movements have ceased.
Reminders for Face Coverings
Adults and all students in our 4’s and TK classrooms (Rabbit, Owl, Tigger, and Clifford) are required to wear a mask at all times indoors, other than when a person is actively eating or drinking. Parents of 2 and 3-year-olds, please note that the CDC and health department strongly recommend that children 2 and up wear a face covering while in school.
Children wearing a face covering at school should bring two Ziploc bags in their backpack each day- one with extra clean masks labeled “CLEAN”, one bag for used masks that are taken off marked “USED”. Teachers will assist the children with the bags.
Tuition Payment Reminder
Your next tuition payment is due by the 5th of the month. Details regarding payment methods can be found on our Online Payment Webpage.
Tuition can be paid using the following payment methods:
- Online Credit Card Payment: Log Into Realm (Login required), then click this Link to the Tuition Payment Event, Then select "Make a Payment."
- Monthly Auto draft: If you would like to utilize monthly auto-draft services for the 2021/2022 school year, enrollment is available using our Vanco Payment Solution Portal.
- Personal Check or Cashier's Check: Tuition payments are also accepted via personal check payable to St. Michael Preschool. Payment can be mailed to 804 High House Road, Cary NC 27513. Cashier's checks are accepted in place of cash payments.
Please make sure that you have completed your child's Carpool/Pick Up Authorization Card and Signature Page for the Acknowledgement of the Operating Plan & Parent Handbook. In addition to these student documents, keep in mind the following must be on file in the preschool office before your child may begin school. These documents can be emailed (scan or photograph) to email@example.com.
Arrival & Dismissal Safety Reminders
- Arrival will begin no earlier than 9:15 am.
- A child must be accompanied by an adult to the arrival station.
- Call or email the office if your child will be absent.
- Email or provide a note if your child will be picked up by someone other than those listed on your carpool list. Remind them to bring a photo ID.
- Do not leave any children unattended in your car while you drop off or pick up your preschooler.
- Follow directional signs and use extra caution when driving through the parking lot.
- Be careful not to park in designated fire lanes.
- Hold children’s hands walking in the parking lot.
If you arrive late, please walk your child to the preschool front door and ring the bell. Your child will be health screened before entering the building.
If you need to sign your child out before normal dismissal time, please notify the preschool office in advance to plan for your child to be brought to the main courtyard entrance.
Please be prompt in picking your child up. Dismissal is at 12:30 pm at your assigned location. If you are late, you will need to ring the bell at the front door.
Please Note: Except in the case of an emergency, a fee of $10 for every ten minutes past dismissal is charged when children are picked up after 12:35 pm.
St. Michael Preschool Spirit Gear
Celebrate St. Michael Preschool with our fun merchandise! T-shirts in child sizes available for $16, school bags $5, all with our cute school logo!
Order your Preschool Merch Today, Click Here to Order
Payment will be processed at the time of order. All sales are final; no refunds or returns. T-shirt delivery is approximately 6 weeks and due to potential supply chain issues, colors may vary. Thank you for your support!
MUSIC & MOVEMENT
Hello Preschool families!
I am so excited to meet our new families this year and reconnect with my old friends too! We are off to a great start this school year learning through music and movement. For our new families, I follow the themes that are being presented in the classrooms as well as a few favorites of my own! So, for the month of September, we will be singing and dancing to songs about coming to school, keeping our germs to ourselves, apples, God's love for us, just to name a few! The parachute will be incorporated monthly with a seasonal theme-pumpkins for fall, bees for spring, etc. We are blessed to have many musical instruments and those will be introduced on a weekly basis. Our instruments include maracas, tambourines, egg shakers, rhythm sticks, and more! I will provide a musical snapshot for you each month so you can catch a glimpse of what is happening in music class. And, I thank you very much for all the very generous Wish List donations to the music program! It is going to be a a very musical year!
Here are a few songs that we will learn this month!
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by The Hit Crew
Germs can make you sick (to the tune of Hokey Pokey)
Germs are really mean (hands-on-hips and angry face)
But they can't be seen (hands over eyes)
They will make you sick
Then you will feel "ick"
Use some soap and water (simulate washing hands)
And you'll get them really clean,
That's what it's all about! (clap hands)
If you ever have a question for me, don't hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or come find me at one of the doorways during arrival!
Early Arrival & Lunch Program
Need some extra time to run errands or get to an appointment? We can help! We still have some openings in our early arrival and lunch programs. Your child will enjoy the extra time to socialize and play!
Early Arrival - available daily, drop off begins at 8:15 am at the front preschool door
Lunch Program - available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday beginning Sept. 13, pick up is at 1:30 pm at the playground
Please note that registrations after 9/3 are not guaranteed as we must be able to maintain adequate staffing while ensuring cohort groups.
Ready to register for Extended Day?
Snack & Food Allergy Policy
- Children will bring their own snack to school. We ask that it be just one or two items that can be easily enjoyed by your child.
- Snacks may NOT contain peanuts/nuts or peanut/nut products. This includes foods that have been produced/processed in a plant with nut products.
- Avoid potential choking hazards - all grapes, cherries, and mini tomatoes need to be cut in half. Popcorn and hard candy are not permitted.
Power Snack Recommendations = 1 protein + 1 complex carbohydrate
- The combination of complex carbohydrates (fruits, veggies, and whole grains) with protein and heart-healthy fats, help children to maintain their energy levels for longer periods of time, thereby increasing your child's "learning ready" time.
- Snacks should include, when possible, natural foods that are high in protein and fiber, while low in sugars.
- Please send your child with a labeled water bottle from home or teachers will provide a disposable paper cup since water fountains will not be used.
- To avoid unnecessary sugars, only water (no juice) should be sent to school.
Independently Potty Trained
Parents, please remember that children three and older must be independently potty trained to attend our preschool. Click Here to review our policy.
The following are a few popular books to help encourage your little one's potty progress: Once Upon a Potty by Alona Frankel, A Potty for Me by Karen Katz, Everyone Poops by Taro Gomi, My Big Boy Potty & My Big Girl Potty by Joanna Cole, Pirate Potty & Princess Potty by Samantha Berger.
Click Here for potty training tips. There are also a variety of potty-training videos for kids on YouTube.
St. Mike's Tikes & Families
Support St. Michael Preschool
Your orders will help us accrue points to purchase books to grow our class libraries.
Parent Volunteer needed. If interested, please email email@example.com.
Harris Teeter Rewards
During your next visit, please share our Preschool Code which is 4159
Box Tops for Education
Scan your receipts to earn $$$ for our preschool. Thank you in advance for your support!
Parent Volunteer needed. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media - Please follow us on…