Need to know Info.
- Sterilize dental instruments
- Prepare the work area for patient treatment by setting out instruments and materials
- Help dentists by handing them instruments during procedures
- Schedule patient appointments
- Keep patients’ mouths dry by using suction hoses or other equipment
- Keep records of dental treatments
Average Hours and Working Schedule
- Most dental assistants work full time.
- Some work evenings or weekends.
- Almost all dental assistance work in dentist offices.
- $33,470 per year
$16.09 per hour
- Post secondary non-degree award
- Some states require assistants to graduate from an accredited program and possibly pass a state exam
- Good hand skills
- Listening skills
- Employment of dental assistants is expected to grow by 31 percent from 2010 to 2020
- As dental practices grow, more dental assistants will be needed.
Does a look before the dentist.
Help the doc preforming cleaning and stuff.
Help dentist keep track of appointments