Important Terms and Meanings Concerning Dreams.
Lucid Dreams - Any dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming.
Manifest Content - Is both the manifest and latent content in a dream, that is, the dream itself as it is remembered, and the hidden meaning of the dream. The "Royal Road" to the Unconscious.
Latent Content - The dream itself as it is remembered, and the hidden meaning of the dream.
Dreams as Reflection Theory - The theory of the reason us humans dream the way we do because of wishes and future events that we wan't to occur in our lives.
Dreams as Housekeeping Theory- Brief glimpses of the brain’s sorting, scanning and searching through memories. Dreams have no meaning.
Dreams as Brain Activity Theory - Dreams result from random activation of brain cells responsible for eye movement, muscle movement, balance, and vision.
2. There is not one person who doesn't dream, except those who have psychological disorders. If you think you don't dream, it's just that you're forgetting your dreams.
3. On an average, you can dream for about one to two hours every night and you can have four to seven different dreams in one night.
4. The average person has about 1,460 dreams a year. That’s about four per night.
5. Scientists suggest that the dreams of fetuses are mostly composed of sound and touch sensations, given the lack of visual stimuli in the womb.
6. Flying dreams are found around the world and have existed since ancient times, even before the invention of airplanes.
7. If a dreamer is awakened directly from REM sleep, he or she is more likely to remember the dream than if awoken during another stage of sleep or after a complete night’s sleep.