Arbor Walk Newsletter
Look at that Great Yard!
Selecting a yard this month was tough! There are so many families that have been out working in their yards over the past few weeks, and we love it! Keep it up and you could be selected for next month's yard of the month!
This month's spotlight yard is: 479 Dolphin Drive
Make sure to check out the yard of the month sign in their yard!
Congratulations and thank you for working so hard to keep your yard looking great!
Arbor Walk Social Committee
Team work makes the dream work!
Red, White, and Blue on the Green
Friday, July 4th, 5:30-9:30pm
W Boundary St
The Town of Summerville and Summerville DREAM have combined forces to present Summerville’s Red, White and Blue on the Green at Gahagan Park (515 W. Boundary St.) on Friday July 4th, 2014 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Historically the Town of Summerville has hosted the Fireworks Show at Gahagan Park and Summerville DREAM has hosted Red, White and Blue on the Green at Hutchinson Square.
By working together, the Town of Summerville and Summerville DREAM will offer families a bigger and better July 4th celebration. The event is FREE and will include a firework display, Live Entertainment, a kid’s zone with games and prizes, Beer Garden, several Food Vendors and a non-motorized parade.
Park at Heritage Square and take a trolley to and from the event courtesy of Lowcountry Women's Specialist.
Outside coolers and dogs will not be permitted at the event.
2. If you plan on celebrating our Independence with fireworks this month please be sure to clean up any debris that you might create.
3. If you have any concerns about the neighborhood or specific questions please contact Deb:
- EMail: HOA2@dorchestersold.net
- Fax: 843-563-5095
- Mail: Dorchester Real Estate Services, Inc. P.O. Box 116 St. George, SC 29477
1. The 2014 Summerville Farmers' Market is open every Saturday through December 20th 8am-1pm behind Town Hall at 200 South Main St. Free parking is available for shoppers in the Town Hall parking garage.
2. July Third ThursdayThursday, July 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Every month on the 'Third Thursday' of the month, the historic downtown Summerville district throws itself a party. Hutchinson Square, the park in the center of downtown, becomes a family entertainment venue. The pedestrian mall area known as Short Central becomes a street fair --- with artisan booths selling hand-crafts and artworks. Musical entertainment is provided by local bands at several locations throughout the downtown area. Little Main is closed to traffic and classic cars line the street.
Restaurants cater to shoppers and evening strollers with special offers and outdoor seating that allows their customers to enjoy our great southern weather, as well as the outdoor entertainment. Aside from dining, arts and crafts enthusiasts have the opportunity to join classes in knitting, quilting, and jewelry-making instruction. Along with handmade items, there are also the variable medley of local antique shops for the nostalgic customer.
Summerville DREAM (Downtown Restoration, Enhancement and Management) sponsors the monthly celebration to create a lively community atmosphere and promote local businesses in historic South Carolina. It is a perfect chance to acquaint yourself with the historic downtown area of Summerville in one lovely evening. Come join us—every Third Thursday of the month in center of Downtown Summerville, 5:00- 8:00pm....rain or shine!
3. Did you know there's free Wi-Fi in the downtown Summerville area? Anytime you're enjoying a stroll or a snack near the square you can feel free to surf the world wide web...for free!
4. Do you have a child in a Dorchester School District Two school? Be sure to check out the district's Online Summer Enrichment programs for all levels. There are plenty of free resources that will keep your child engaged and help prevent summer learning loss!
Want to contribute?
- Do you have a great neighbor and think others should know about it? Nominate them for Neighbor of the Month! Send us the name of a neighbor that you would like to spotlight and why you are nominating him or her.
- Do you offer a service that might be useful to others in the neighborhood? Perhaps a child that can babysit, lawn care service, house maintenance, or professional cakes? Let us know and we'll briefly share your info in the newsletter.
- Do you have any tips you'd like to share with others? Let us know
You can also join the Arbor Walk Facebook Page to get more updates on your neighborhood!
If you are no longer living in Arbor Walk and/or wish to no longer receive the monthly newsletter, kindly let us know by emailing the address below.