Elementary Tech Bytes
Week of March 13
Setting Up Your Homepage in Canvas-PD This Week!
- Week of March 13-This session will cover creating your banner and icons using Canva.
- Week of April 3-This session will cover assembling your homepage and making your icons interactive.
What is a Canvas homepage?
A home page is the first page users will see when they open your Canvas course. This is the point from which students will launch all activities on Canvas. Utilizing a home page will make navigating a Canvas course more user friendly.
- A place to include your contact information
- A place to embed frequently visited links
- A place to provide shortcuts to Canvas elements
When will you be at my building?
Anderson Elementary-Thursday at 9:15 a.m.
Eastside Elementary-Tuesday at 12:55 p.m.
Edgewood Elementary-Tuesday at 12:00 p.m.
Erskine Elementary-Wednesday at 10:05 a.m.
Tenth Street Elementary-Wednesday at 9:10 a.m.
Valley Grove Elementary-Wednesday at 3:45 p.m.
**If you need to schedule a different time, please let me know!
Please note the page you create now can be easily transferred to your courses for next year, so you will not have to recreate this in the fall!
Before the Session
- Be thinking about what icons you want to include on your homepage
- Locate a picture of yourself that you would like to include on your homepage
Example of a Homepage
Earn a Digital Badge and 2 PGP Points For Creating a Canvas Homepage
- Create a homepage in Canvas
- Complete this Google Form
What do I get?
- A digital badge that be included in your e-mail signature and Canvas profile
- A printed badge that can be hung up outside your room
- 2 PGP points for completing the task
- Your name included in a weekly drawing for a gift card
Deon Worrel's name was selected to receive a Qdoba gift card in the weekly drawing for those who earned a digital badge!
Sign-Up for eLEAD!
This is a great opportunity to learn more about tech integration! Sign-up at http://elead.info!
Share at eLEAD!
There are many awesome things going on in ACS's classrooms! Share what you are doing with colleagues at eLEAD! Applications are due April 1! http://elead.info