One of the first people to ever study genetics.
- Hybrid is a mixture of different characteristics or traits inherited from both parents.
- Mendel crossed a long stem pea plant and a short stem pea plant for the experiment.
- When he crossed yellow and green pea plants they were all yellow.
- 6,022 pea plants were yellow the other 2,001 were green, there were 8,023 pea plants total.
- About 3/4 were one type and the other 1/4 were another.
Example- One parent has blue eyes and one has brown so you got brown.
Recessive- Gene that gets covered up by a dominant gene.
Example- Parents have dimples but you don't
Codominant- Gene that is neither dominant or recessive (both would show up).
Example- One parent has green eyes and one has brown so you get hazel eyes.