Chichester Central School News
January 8, 2021
Dates to Remember
1/8/21-1/25/21- Kindergarten Registration (see CCS website for details)
1/26/21- Incoming Kindergarten Parent Information Night, 6pm
Mon, 1/18/21- NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Mon, 1/25/21- NO SCHOOL, Staff Professional Development Day
Wed, 1/27/21- Chichester School Budget Hearing, 6pm @ CCS
Thurs, 1/28/21- SNOW DATE for Chichester School Budget Hearing, 6pm @ CCS
2/22/21-2/26/21- Winter Recess
Sat, 3/6/21- School District Annual Meeting, 9am @ CCS
We hope that everyone was able to enjoy some much-needed rest and relaxation over our holiday break. Even though the holidays and break may have looked different for many of us, I have heard many stories about time spent outside in the NH winter weather, family game nights, delicious home-cooked meals, and time spent away from screens.
We welcomed our students back to school after break on Monday, 1/5/2021, and are excited to delve into new learning opportunities. It has been wonderful seeing our students in-person this week, and we have enjoyed hearing their joy and excitement fill our building!
All of us here at CCS look forward to all that the new year has to offer, and we wish you a happy and healthy 2021!
Jessica Snider, CCS Principal
2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration!
Initial registration will be open from 1/8/2021-1/25/2021. Parents that register their incoming Kindergarteners through Alma by 1/25/2021 will receive a link to our virtual Kindergarten Parent Information night at 6pm on Tuesday, 1/26/2021.
Parents with students entering Grade 1, that are not currently registered with Chichester Central School, may also use this link to register their students as well.
20-21 Basketball Updates
Start Date Practice: 1/11/21
- Players and coaches will be screened by the head coach at the beginning of each practice.
- Players will be required to wear masks at all times and masks breaks will occur at designated times.
- No spectators allowed at practices.
- At the end of practice coaches will disinfect equipment
- Practice times will be spaced so there is no overlap between teams.
Start Date for Games: 1/19/20- CCS will be playing the same team twice in one week
- All teams will be screened before entering the gym, this includes coaches, players and referees. This will be done by the AD or a CCS administrator.
- Spectators for away teams will be not permitted, one spectator per player for home games.
- All players will be required to wear masks at all times and masks breaks will occur at designated times.
- The opposing team’s “waiting team” will sit on the stage to watch the game in individual chairs.
- One extra spectator will be allowed for Chichester to control the scoreboard.
- Bottom bleacher will be marked for each player (other option is individual chairs on the opposite side of the gym)
- Visiting team will bring their own basketballs to use before the game. No locker rooms will be available
- The NHIAA mouthguard requirement is suspended for the 2020 season
only. Coaches are asked to remind student-athletes who wear
mouthguards, to leave them in as much as possible to protect their safety
and that of others.
- All students shall bring their own water bottle. Water bottles must not be
Further questions can be directed to CCS Athletic Director, Stacy Boyden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update from the CCS Health Office
January 8, 2021
CCS HEALTH OFFICE UPDATE:
Please remember to continue to call the main office or myself, even on remote days, if your child is not feeling well (even mild symptoms), the reason why your child will be absent from school, if there are any suspected or known COVID-19 contacts or if you travel outside of New England.
Continued communication and following these guidelines is essential so that we can help keep our school and community stay healthy during this time.
As we are in the winter months, please remember to send in the appropriate winter clothing with your child as they will continue to go outside.
Please feel free to call/email me anytime.
Check out what we're serving up in the CCS Kitchen!
Meals to-go from the CCS Cafeteria
We are offering both breakfast and lunch meals to-go for all of our students on their remote days. Pick up will be behind the school for anyone interested.
Please let Ravonne Eccleston know what students you will be picking up for by Friday 1:45 P.M. through email email@example.com or by phone 798-5651.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Jackets, Snow Pants, Gloves, Boots & Hats- Oh My!
Happenings at Pembroke Academy
Chichester's Undercover Pantry. Are you interested in donating?
The 'Under Cover Pantry' at Hope in Christ Church (next to the Library) is being well used lately.
* They try to use smaller/normal sized products as the coolers are only so big, and they try to fit the non-perishables in a tied bag so people aren't touching the food choices.
Ideas for Perishable items:
Eggs (in non plastic containers so they can be split into 1/2 dozens)
Sticks of butter
Loaves of bread/english muffins
Meats (hamburg, chicken etc..)
Ideas for Non-perishables:
Peanut butter and jelly (12 oz size)
Mac & Cheese
Pasta and Pasta Sauce
Pasta/rice side packets (Ex. Knorr)
Boxed mashed potatoes
Cans of vegetables, Ravioli/Spaghettios, Soups
Fruit cups/applesauce cups (or small jars)
Please contact for further questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org of 508-826-4261 (Steve).
Donations can be dropped off at the old Hope in Christ Church building M-Th, 8am-12pm, or a time can be arranged through email or phone.
These innovative websites and activities provide engaging, hands-on learning opportunities for children to foster the kind of creativity so important in developing vital 21st-century skills.