The War of 1812
Britain vs America
Causes and Effects
- Causes of the war included British attempts to restrict U.S. trade,
- the Royal Navy’s impressment of American seamen and America’s desire to expand its territory.
1. American men were pretty courageous and did some impressing things all for the good of not themselves, but the country.
2. The war broke the strength of Native Americans who had sided with the British.
3. War interrupted trade and Americans were forced to make many of the goods they had previously imported. We made more goods at home.