Overtraining and Eating Disorders
By: Diana Gonzalez
Definition of anorexia, bulimia, and overtraining
- Anorexia : lack or loss of appetite for food (as a medical condition). An emotional disorder characterized by an obsessive desire to lose weight by refusing to eat.
- Bulimia: insatiable overeating as a medical condition, in particular.
- Over-training: (with reference to an athlete) train or cause to train too hard or for too long.
Eating Disorders video
Recovering - Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa
5 Signs of eating Disorders
- Dramatic weight loss in a relatively short period of time.
- Wearing big or baggy clothes or dressing in layers to hide body shape or weight loss.
- Obsession with weight and complaining of weight problems
- Obsession with calories and fat content of foods.
- Obsession with continuous exercise.